CALL FOR POETS AND ARTISTS:
Crossings is organizing an April 2013 exhibit
Poet Artist Collaboration XII
Deadline to enter: February 8, 2013
Artwork delivery deadline: Saturday, March 30, 2013
Poems are paintings you don't have time to do. Paintings are poems you don't have colors for.
In honor of National Poetry Month in April, Crossings at Carnegie (Zumbrota, MN) invites poets and artists to submit their work to the twelfth Poet-Artist Collaboration, an annual exhibit in which artists create work inspired by poetry.
Guidelines for Poets
• Poets may submit no more than three poems, each typed (12 point font) on an 8½-inch x 11-inch sheet of plain white paper.
• Each poem is to be limited to no more than two pages of 12 point Times New Roman, single-spaced.
• Entries should be accompanied by a registration form that can be found at www.crossingsatcarnegie.com.
(Download the entry form) (If no e-mail, please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope so we can notify you of jury results.)
• Submitted poems should list the author’s name on the back of each page of each poem, not on the front page of the poem.
• Poems will be juried, and those selected to be part of the collaboration will be chosen by or assigned to an artist who will create an original piece of art inspired by the poem.
• Deadline for poetry entries is Friday, Feb. 8, 2013. Notification of acceptance will be the following week.
Guidelines for Artists
• Artists who would like to create an art piece from one of the juried poems should send a registration form found at www.crossingsatcarnegie.com. (Download the entry form)
• Entries should be accompanied by a $15 entry fee
• Entries should be accompanied by a copy or photo (no originals) of an example of the artist's work. Website links also are acceptable. (Photos will be returned ONLY if accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope.) Artists who have exhibited at Crossings do not need to supply examples of their work.
• Artwork may be any medium, including but not limited to painting, textiles, sculpture and mixed media; photography acceptable when combined with other mediums.
• Deadline for artist entries is Friday, Feb. 8, 2013. NOTE: ACTUAL ARTWORK DELIVERY DEADLINE IS MARCH 30.
• Artists will be juried, with notification of acceptance by the following week. Upon notification, artists will be given the opportunity to choose one of the juried poems from which to create their art. The completed artwork should be delivered to Crossings gallery, framed or ready to hang or display, no later than 4 p.m., Saturday, March 30, 2013. Artwork and poetry remain on display during the entire month of April.
Poets and artists are strongly encouraged to attend the poet/artist reception on Friday, April 19, beginning at 6:30 p.m. at Crossings. This special event will feature the poets reading and discussing their work, and the artists discussing how the poems inspired their art. It is not only an opportunity for the poets and artists to meet each other, but an unforgettable evening of camaraderie for all those who love the arts!
Questions? Contact Crossings at 507-732-7616 or firstname.lastname@example.org.