by 50th and France
January 7, 2013
50th and France Art Crawl seeks artists. Deadline January 25th.
Art Crawl: Where Art Meets 50th & France
- Looking for students and artists from the community to collaborate with 50th & France Business Owners to create 2-D or 3-D window displays. EXISTING ART WORKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE WINDOW DISPLAY CONTEST. ALL ART WORKS MUST BE CREATED FOR THIS EVENT. Existing materials may be used.
- Artists MUST meet with store owners three weeks prior to installation to discuss overall design concept, layout, timeline, and material used for creation of the window display.
- It is the artists responsibility to contact the store between Feb. 18-Feb. 25 or failure to comply will result in exclusion from program.
- Supplies, design mock-ups, product development, and meetings must be completed between Feb. 25th through Mar. 11th.
- Store owners will help pay or provide supplies for the window display contest with a $75 budget limit per participating store.
- In-store installations MUST be started and completed on March 15th, the day before the Art Crawl opening.
- All window displays will be on display for 1 week (March 16th – March 26th) and will become the property of the artist.
- The Art Crawl Open House will be Saturday, Mar. 16th from 3 p.m.-5 p.m. Artists may exhibit other original art work inside their partnered participating store and will have an opportunity to speak about their window display as well as their art work to the public. While optional, this opportunity offers artists great exposure.
- A brochure with participating stores, a map, and artists’ biographies will be available to the public.
- The public can vote on-line as well as in person at participating stores. Voting website is hosted by Mpls/St Paul Magazine. Voting will take place from Mar. 18th – Mar. 25th. Winners will be announced March 26th.
- Two awards will be given for Best Creative Display and People’s Choice Award.
Best Creative Display Winner:
- • The winning artist will be chosen by a panel of judges. The Best Creative Display winner will receive a cash prize and will have their window display showcased for an additional week from Mar. 26-Mar. 31.
People’s Choice Award:
- Will be determined by the public voting on the above mentioned website and in participating stores.
- Both winners will be announced on 50th & France’s Facebook page, the 50th & France website, and Mpls/St.Paul Magazine’s website and will include artists’ photos and biographies.
- Need artist bios. Please limit to 60-65 words.
- One photo of artist’s work to be used for a collage to promote event.
- 50th & France Association will contact artist with partnering store owners’ information by the week of Feb. 11.
Please submit information to Rachel Thelemann by email: email@example.com or mail: 50th & France Association, PO BOX 24122, Edina, MN 55424. Deadline for submission is Jan. 25.