The Event Liaison (EL) plays a vital role in events at the Rochester Art Center. This position assists clients and caterer with set up, facility, sound system and other needs during the event time. This position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Provide a professional and welcoming environment for event clients and guests.
• Serve as primary contact for clients and caterers during events.
• Enforce policies such as no outside food or beverages, no children above the main floor without an adult etc.
• Inspect kitchen with caterer pre and post event – prepare kitchen checklist and kitchen usage report. Give catering fee summary to caterer and make copies as necessary.
• Update the Banquet Event Order and make notes about how the event went.
• Assist with client set up and sound system as needed.
• Take photographs of event for RAC documentation and usage.
• Custodial and facility duties: sweeping, light mopping, moving chairs and tables, event set up and tear down, as well as occasionally removing trash to the dumpster, and snow shoveling before guests arrive for an event.
• Maintain security of facility.
• Participate in in-service training and professional development as required.
• To enhance our guests experience, it is strongly preferred that you attend the detailing meeting 30 days prior to the event, for those events that you are scheduled.
• Experience in event coordination, banquet serving and customer service preferred.
• Ability to maintain composure and professionalism in stressful situations and can think on his/her feet.
• Works well with people of all ages and backgrounds.
• Ability to work under little or no supervision.
• Should be dependable, friendly, cooperative, flexible, pro-active and solution-oriented.
• Should also be positive, enthusiastic and helpful.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time
The EL reports to the manager on duty, depending on the type of shift you are working. The Visitor Services Manager will oversee all operations at the front desk; the Event Manager will oversee rental events; the Public Programs Director will oversee Art Center events.
This position requires a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and occasionally early morning shifts. There is also potential for setup and tear down hours during the week. A typical Friday and/or Saturday consists of two shifts 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm and 9:00 pm – 2:00 am. All staff members are required to work during the Art Center’s two major fundraising events and quarterly exhibition openings; specific dates are available from the Visitor Services Manager.
Rochester Art Center Family Membership and 20% discount in Gallery Shop plus a discount on classes, exhibition openings, and special RAC events.
Send a letter of interest, resume and a completed application to:
Rochester Art Center
40 Civic Center Drive SE
Rochester, MN 55904
Position open until filled.
Further questions contact Emily Tweten, firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-424-3316