Application Deadline: February 15th
Internship Start Date: February 20th
Internship End Date: November 1st
• Approximately 30 hours per month
• Availability during openings and events is required (nights and weekends)
The Photography Intern plays an important role at The Soap Factory, documenting events, exhibitions, building and installation throughout the year. Working with The Soap Factory's staff, the intern will have a set of assigned projects each month. Additional documentation or creative projects are encouraged. An ideal candidate will have experience photographing people and events and be enthusiastic about shooting in The Soap Factory's raw and architecturally complex interior.
The Soap Factory is the third largest institution focused on Contemporary Art in the Twin Cities, celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2013. The Soap Factory is located in a nearly 50,000 sq ft, 130 year old factory building near the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis. With a small staff and large volunteer corps, The Soap Factory relies on a creative and driven team of interns each year to grow and support our programs.
• Work directly with The Soap Factory’s Program Manager
• Photography of opening receptions, artist talks, fundraisers and installations
• Brainstorm additional creative opportunities for documenting The Soap Factory's programs and building
• Basic photo editing
• Provide high resolution images for gallery use, publication and archival purposes
Experience and Requirements:
Candidates must work with their own equipment. Strong time management skills are a must as well as the candidate’s adherence to deadlines. A well qualified candidate will be enthusiastic about Contemporary Art, self motivated and a creative problem solver.
Software: Photoshop, Dropbox, Mac OS. Must have reliable daily internet/ email access.
Please send a cover letter and resume by February 15th, 2013 to Dani Hans, Manager of Volunteer Programs, at Dani@soapfactory.org. Please include 5 - 10 work samples with your application. Images should be low resolution, no larger than 1000 x 1000 pixels.