Application Deadline: March 3rd
Internship start date: March 20th
Internship end date: December 20th
• 20 hours per month on average
• 30+ hours leading up to and for one week after the $99 Sale (September 27th)
The Development and Events Intern assists The Soap Factory with the $99 Sale, our largest annual fundraiser, as well as additional potential fundraising events throughout the year. This intern will also provide support in promoting and managing event rentals in the gallery space, as a key source of income and visibility for the gallery.
This internship provides a platform to learn skills in a variety of key development areas, and is a unique opportunity to explore nonprofit fundraising, arts administration, and event planning. The Development and Events Internship is a rewarding way to get involved with the Twin Cities’ arts community and gain experience in a highly valued field.
Special Fundraising Events:
• Assist with cataloging original artworks that will be a part of the $99 Sale fundraiser
• Scan in and edit artwork images for online presentation
• Attend all Fundraiser Committee meetings (approx. 7 meetings)
• Publicity assistance
• Take a key role during installation, the actual event, and de-installation for fundraisers
• Assist in promotion of The Soap Factory as a rental space
• Track and organize rental requests
• Provide support in preparation for, during, and after rental events
Experience and Requirements:
Education: Must possess an undergraduate degree or be currently studying towards an undergraduate degree in art, art history or arts administration.
Experience: Must be fully proficient in MS Office. Some experience with Adobe Photoshop is desired. The candidate must be confident working with and managing volunteers in a busy setting. Attention to detail and strong organizational skills are requirements for this position, as well as the candidate’s adherence to deadlines.
Software: (Some training provided) MS Office, Google Docs, Photoshop, iPhoto. Must have reliable daily internet/email access.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Dani Hans, Manager of Volunteer Programs: Dani@soapfactory.org. Applicants will be contacted about interviews several days after the deadline.