Application Deadline: April 1st
Internship Start Date: April 15th
Internship End Date: November 1st
• Approximately 30 - 40 hours per month
The Video Internship is a unique opportunity to participate in the promotion of The Soap Factory’s programs through the creation and distribution of short video segments. The intern will craft concepts, shoot video, edit segments and help with online marketing of The Soap Factory’s YouTube channel. These original, promotional videos will focus on memorable, shareable content as a compliment to established didactic video materials which are produced by The Soap Factory’s staff Video Producer, Bob Fagerhaugh. An ideal candidate will have video experience, a creative approach to documentation and interest in online video marketing.
The Soap Factory is the 3rd largest institution focused on Contemporary Art in the Twin Cities, with programming ranging from sculpture and installation to video and interactive performance projects. The Soap Factory is located in a nearly 50,000 sq ft, 130 year old factory building near the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis. With a small staff and large volunteer corps, The Soap Factory relies on a creative and driven team of interns each year to grow and support our programs.
• Work with The Soap Factory’s Program Manager and Video Producer
• Work with visiting artists, curators, staff, volunteers and interns on video content
• Brainstorm and pitch video concepts for promotional videos related to The Soap Factory’s programs
• Shoot video footage for segments
• Video editing
• Assist with online distribution of video segments through YouTube & social media
• Collect video statistics and improve promotional reach of Soap Factory video content
• Archive video segments and raw footage
Experience and Requirements:
Candidates must have basic knowledge of video production and editing software. Strong time management skills are a must as well as a close adherence to deadlines. A well qualified candidate will be enthusiastic about Contemporary Art, self-motivated and a creative problem solver. Must have reliable daily internet/email access and be comfortable working on a Mac.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and up to five short work samples to Dani Hans, Manager of Volunteer Programs at Dani@soapfactory.org. Applicants will be contacted about interviews several days after the deadline.