The 2019 application for the 14th Annual Art Spectacular at the Carillon in Springfield, IL on September 14-15, 2019 is available at www.carillon-rees.org (click on the Art Spectacular card). The application contains all the requirements, policies, fees, etc. The application deadline is March 31st, with notification by mid-April. Art Spectacular is a juried fine art and fine craft show, juried by professional artists.
Art Spectacular is a show you should consider if you want to participate in:
* an art fair juried for quality and medium balance;
* one of the best 'little' fine art fairs in Central Illinois - and the only one ranked in the
Best 200 Art Shows in the U.S. (Sunshine Artist Magazine) 4 years in a row;
* a highly respected fine art fair in Springfield, IL - loved by both patrons and artists;
* an art fair with terrific volunteers who will cater to you with:
- free time-of-day-appropriate beverages and snacks all day, all weekend;
- load-in and -out assistance;
- booth sitting; and
- artists' award dinner;
* an art fair in a beautiful park setting;
* an art fair with 'heart'; and
* an art fair where the "promoter" is on-site and available all weekend!
In addition to wonderful original artwork, Art Spectacular also features patron bucks drawings, patron preview sale, demos, kids' art sale, music by local musicians, and food vendors. There are also a gift basket raffle and a silent auction which benefit the Rees Memorial Carillon, recognized as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization by the Internal Revenue Service. The Rees Carillon has 67 bells and is one of the largest and finest carillons in the world.
Art Spectacular is extensively advertised in newspapers, TV, radio, patron invitations, newsletters, websites, signs, posters, flyers, e-mail, and sponsors. 6,000 people attend Art Spectacular in this art-loving, art-buying medical/education/government community.
If this sounds like an appropriate venue for your artwork, and you appreciate a beautiful setting, reasonable fees, the best artist amenities, and staff attention, then apply by March 31, 2019.