Deadline: Friday, September 20, at noon (CT)
We recommend thoroughly reading through the Application Guidelines (download here) prior to starting your application as some components of the application process have changed and expanded.
The MCAD-administered fellowship program uses an independent jury of three arts professionals to competitively award four fellowships. The fellowship runs from November 30, 2019–November 30, 2020 and includes:
- $10,000 – The funds may be used to purchase materials, cover production costs of artwork, and to supplement living or travel costs. Awards are subject to state and federal income tax guidelines.
- Three studio visits from professional critics (2 local, I national).
- An exhibition at the MCAD Gallery in Fall 2020.
- A catalog with a critical essay on each artist’s work.
- The opportunity to partake in a public panel discussion.
- Access to MCAD’s facilities, library, and ½ off tuition for Continue Education courses.
INFORMATION SESSIONS AND ONE-ON-ONE MEETINGS
You are welcome to attend a Jerome Information Session with Program Director Kerry Morgan. A video recording of an information session will be available online after August 5.
- Thursday, July 25, 6:30 p.m. Minneapolis College of Art and Design, 2501 Stevens Avenue, Minneapolis, Auditorium 150
- Wednesday, August 14, 6:30 p.m. Center for Hmong Arts and Talent (CHAT), 995 University Ave W, Saint Paul
- Monday, August 19, 6:30 p.m. Springboard for the Arts, 308 Prince Street, Suite 270, Saint Paul
- Tuesday, August 20, 6:30 p.m. All My Relations, 1414 E Franklin Ave, Minneapolis
- Monday, August 26, 6:30 p.m. Juxtaposition Arts, 2007 N Emerson Ave, Minneapolis
Applicants are also welcome to schedule one-on-one meetings (in person or over the phone) with the program director or fellowship coordinator before submitting their applications online. To schedule a meeting please call 612.874.3667. Please note we will not be able to schedule one-on-one meetings the week prior to the deadline (September 16–20).
For further information, contact:
Kerry Morgan, Program Director
Melanie Pankau, Fellowship Coordinator