Position: American Pottery Festival (APF)
Intern Reports To: Director of Galleries and Special Events
Hours: Part-time, 10 - 20 hours/week between August 6 – August 31; 30 - 40 hours the week of APF, September 4 - 9 (mostly all hours from September 6 – 9); 10 - 20 hours the week of September 10; week of September 17, TBD
This is a one-time, short-term, unpaid internship.
RESPONSIBILITIES and TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
August 6 – 10
- Training on non-profit, artist administration processes and procedures
- Inventory intake, excel uploads, inventory database system, receipt of inventory, filing damage reports with UPS
August 13 – 17 (APF work is due from artists during this time)
- Opportunity to learn how the gallery processes new work coming in for sale and assist with inventory intake and storage.
August 27, 9:30 am
- Attend all staff meeting for APF, #1 of 2
September 3 - NCC Closed for Labor Day
September 4, 9:30 am
- Attend sales gallery meeting for APF, #2 of 2.
September 4 – 7
- Opportunity to help finalize exhibition installation, prep for opening
Sept. 6 – 9
- Help staff the event, attend workshops, meet and assist visiting artists
September 10 – 21, 21 hours + TBD
- Learn how inventory transfers from exhibitions to sales gallery, assist with de-inventory and shipping during the changeover of the exhibition
The American Pottery Festival is both NCC’s annual fundraiser and an invitational exhibition featuring the work of esteemed potters from across the United States. The process leading up to this event includes inventorying and tracking over 1800 pots. This internship requires someone with great attention to detail and a technical understanding of ceramics that allows them to check for flaws and handle the ceramic work. The intern must be flexible in their schedule and ability to work in different circumstances with various NCC constituents; they must be able to work alone after being given clear direction and have the confidence to ask for clarification when needed. They must also possess sensitivity to the environment and workspace at NCC. The intern will work alongside other employees or in makeshift workspaces.
Please send resume and letter of interest to [email protected] for consideration.