Great River Arts invites artists to submit work to the 2019 Juried Exhibition. The exhibition will be held in GRA’s Front and Main Galleries, from July 10 through August 31, 2019. Artist reception will be held Friday, July 12, 2019 from 6–8 pm, with an awards presentation taking place at 7 pm. Please read through all information and agreements before applying.
Great River Arts is Morrison County’s leading community arts organization, offering a comprehensive schedule of concerts, theater, art classes and exhibitions for thousands of patrons each year. Our two galleries comprise the largest exhibition space in central Minnesota.
Jurors: Jurors will be announced soon. The focus during the jury process will be on work that represents the breadth and depth of Minnesotan art and a high caliber of execution.
Awards: There will be over $500 in awards, including $200 Best of Show.
- Artwork may not have been exhibited at GRA previously.
- All artwork must be original and conceived and created by the artist. No reproductions or copies of stock images, parts, historic photos, or of any reference to which you do not hold total copyright are allowed.
- Canvas size: maximum size not to exceed 72” on the longest side.
- Works must be exhibition ready. For two-dimensional works, this means ready to hang on the gallery wall with framing wire.
- While the artist retains copyright over their work, acceptance implies consent for GRA to use images in future marketing and promotion.
- Withdrawal of artwork after acceptance may incur a ban on exhibiting at GRA for up to two years.
- Submission Deadline: Friday, May 31, 2019
- Entry Fee: $15 for GRA members, $20 nonmembers for up to three (3) images. Images will be considered by the jurors individually.
- Commission: 30% for GRA members, 40% for non-members
- If accepted, work must be delivered or dropped off at the Great River Arts on July 2, July 3 or July 5, 2019 (11 am–6 pm).
- Artwork must be picked up September 3–6, 2019 (11 am–6 pm). Shipped artwork must include a paid return shipping label. If shipping work please make arrangements with Exhibitions Coordinator, Matt Duckett, at [email protected].
- Images should be between 1500 and 3000 pixels wide on the largest side. Images must be saved as jpg format and around 1 MB in size. Only send 1 image per artwork. Images must be titled in the following format:
- Friday, May 31: Submission Deadline
- Friday, June 7: Notification of Acceptance
- Tuesday July 2 –Saturday, July 6: Accepted Artwork Drop-off at Great River Arts NOTE: GRA IS CLOSED JULY 4
- Wednesday, July 10: Exhibition Opens
- Friday, July 12 (6–8 pm): Artist Reception
- Saturday, August 31: Exhibition Closes
- Tuesday, September 3– Friday, September 6: Artwork Pick-up