Get Involved With the Arts in Your Community and Become a Grant Reviewer for ARAC!
Every year, The Arrowhead Regional Arts Council (ARAC) awards hundreds of grants to artists and organizations. We need art knowledgeable grant reviewers to help evaluate and decide on those grant applications.
We ask for eight hours of meeting time and additional prep time from our grant reviewers. Becoming a grant reviewer with ARAC serves as a great opportunity to learn about arts activities across the region, gain knowledge about the grant process, and to network with other citizens engaged in the arts.
We are seeking reviewers for the following programs for 2018-2019:
- Community Arts Learning Grant for Organizations or Individuals
- Meets from 1-5 pm on Tuesday, Sept. 11th and Tuesday, March 5th
- Technology/Equipment Grant for Individuals
- Meets from 1-5 pm on Monday, November 5th and Tuesday, May 7th
- Career Development Grant for Individuals
- Meets from 1-5 pm on Friday, November 2nd and Friday, April 26th
- Rural and Community Art Project Grant for Organizations
- Meets from 1-5 pm on Friday, September 14th and Friday, March 8th
- Fellowship Grant for Individuals
- Meets from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm on Friday, May 31st
Who can apply?
- We are looking for individuals with knowledge of the arts, arts supporters/collectors, or individuals working in and with knowledge of the regional arts community.
- ARAC strives to have panels that represent the racial, cultural, and geographic diversity of our region.
- Panelists will be selected based on the needs of the particular review panel. Selected panelists serve single fiscal year terms.
For details about eligibility and our conflict of interest rules, visit our F.A.Q. page
What do grant reviewers do?
Grant reviewers provide funding for artists and organizations through eight competitive grant programs. For the programs listed above, we convene panels of engaged citizens to evaluate applications and produce funding recommendations. Panelists receive orientation materials and online access to the applications two weeks prior to panel meetings. Panelists are expected to read the applications prior to review meetings, and to attend the review meetings on the dates listed.
Applications are due by August 15th. For more information or to submit an application, please visit our Grant Review Panelist page.