The Performance Center, a multi-venue facility, produces and/or presents over 150 events annually and serves an annual audience of over 25,000 patrons that includes the university, the city of Winona and the broader region. Events include the annual Page Series of professional performing arts and associated community programs, as well as all Saint Mary's music, theatre, and dance performances. The Performance Center also serves as a rental facility and ticketing agent for several local organizations, including Minnesota Beethoven Festival and Home and Community Options. The Audience Services Manager is part of a three-person team responsible for management and operations of the Performance Center.
The Audience Services Manager will:
- Set up and manage sales of all ticketed events using Vendini ticketing software.
- Manage customer relationships, with duties including: maintaining sales database and creating various reports; group sales and school matinee ticketing; developing customer loyalty programs; and soliciting customer feedback.
- Ensure that customer service standards are being met with every customer interaction.
- Supervise box office operations, including fiduciary responsibilities for ticket sales and accounting; reconciliation of daily receipts and deposits with the university business office; monitoring and replenishing box office supplies; monitoring of petty cash.
- Serve as a community liaison for the Performance Center, with duties including building relationships and engagement across the Saint Mary’s campus and throughout the Winona community.
- Work with the managing director on the development and execution of Page Series community programs and audience development initiatives.
- Hire, train, schedule, and supervise six to nine student workers.
- Manage the distribution of promotional materials on campus and within the local community.
- Recruit, develop, and manage volunteer corps.
- Serve as house manager for events and performances as needed.
- Act as a public face for the Performance Center and Saint Mary's University.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess exceptional customer service and communication skills and be able to positively and effectively interact with the public, facility renters, and members of the Saint Mary's community, including students, faculty, administration, and alumni.
- Have strong organizational skills and be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Be professional, dependable, trustworthy and able to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Have a clean driving record.
- Show strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and influence others.
- Show initiative and demonstrate an ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Have a strong knowledge of and connections to the local community, and demonstrate a commitment to strengthening the Performance Center’s relationship with internal and external constituencies.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of and commitment to the mission and goals of Saint Mary’s University and the Performance Center.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in related field (arts, business, marketing/communications).
- At least 3 years' experience dealing directly with customer service, arts patrons, or the general public required.
- Experience with Vendini or similar CRM/ticketing software required.
- Experience with supervision of employees and volunteers preferred.
- Experience with financial management or accounting preferred.
All job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Apply online at www.smumn.edu/jobs and include a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.