Opening on Thursday, October 24th, 2019 at the Hallberg Center for the Arts, in Wyoming, MN. The show will be on display through November 16th.
Deadline for Entry: midnight, October 17, 2019
Enter up to two (2) submissions
Presented by the Wyoming Area Creative Arts Community, this fifth annual Black & White art show will feature artwork by regional artists, all in black and white.
There will be People's Choice voting during the exhibit opening with ribbons being awarded to the highest voted artists.
There is no charge to submit artwork for members, $10 for NON MEMBERS.
This exhibit will accept 2D, 3D, Literary (performed and written), and Musical (performed) works of art. Performed works must relate to the theme, Black & White. Written literary works must be framed in a gallery format.
RULES... IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!
By participating in this event, you agree to the following rules...
- All artwork must be conceived and executed by the submitting artist, not done in a class or under supervision of another artist, and not copied from published photos or from photos taken by others without their written permission. If copyright infringement is discovered the artwork will be disqualified.
- Artwork should be recent (within the last three years).
- Artwork must be black & white, NO COLOR, NO EXCEPTIONS
- Entry into the art exhibit must be entered electronically (on this website) in order to be accepted.
- Image for submission must be less than 2MB in size.
- Submitted image should be of the artwork only, not the frame (if applicable).
- Framed and hung works of art must be presented in a gallery format, and ready to hang. ONLY wired hanging systems will be accepted.
- Complete all information on the entry form. Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
- The deadline for entry is October 17, 2019 at midnight.
- All artwork must be delivered to the Hallberg Center for the Arts on or before Monday, October 21, 2019 (drop off times and directions will be emailed to the artist in advance)
- All artwork must be appropriately framed or ready for display in an art gallery format. Pedestals are available (please note in description if needed). ONLY wire is acceptable for hanging.
- Space will determine the final number of entries accepted into the show. If you are submitting more than one piece, please note which is your first choice, in the case we are unable to accept all the artwork.
- Reproduction of Images for Publicity Permission is granted to the WACAC and Hallberg Arts Center for reproduction of artwork for catalog and/or advertising purposes. Entry into the exhibition constitutes agreement with this understanding.
- Liability All reasonable care will be taken with artwork. WACAC and Hallberg Arts Center staff and its volunteers, cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to artwork including frames and mountings, no matter how they are caused, and all entries submitted are subject to this condition. WACAC has an excellent record in the care and handling of works of art. We suggest that artists insure work privately if they feel the need for such protection.
- If contributing artists exceed expectations, the Wyoming Area Creative Arts Community reserves the right to close submissions acceptance early.
- Accepted artwork, will be labeled with a price. Submitted artwork marked NFS or left empty in the registration form will be marked NFS (not for sale).
- Buyers of artwork sold during the exhibit agree that the artwork will remain at the Hallberg Center for the Arts until the show is completed on November 16, 2019.
- Artists agree to donate 30% of the sale price of any artwork sold during the Black & White Art Show to the Wyoming Area Creative Arts Community.
- Unless artwork is selected to move on the extended exhibit, artwork may be picked up at the art center beginning Saturday, November 16 during normal gallery hours. Artwork that has been unclaimed by December 16, 2019 will become property of the Wyoming Area Creative Arts Community, either being added to the permanent collection or sold as part of a fund raiser for the organization.
- All Entries are final. NO REFUNDS
WACAC Member Entry: https://www.judgify.me/blackwhitem2019
Non WACAC Member Entry: https://www.judgify.me/blackwhitenm2019
Extended Art Exhibit
Award winning and high scoring artwork may have the opportunity to be displayed at the Evergreen Coffee House, in Wyoming, MN as part of an extended art exhibit for the month following the Black & White Art Show, with the consent of the artist.