CALL FOR ART: All Makers, 2D, 3D, literary and performance artists are encouraged to apply for this exhibit. See details below for exhibit focus.
“Expression: Raw Emotion” February-April, 2020 at Art Works, 3795 Pilot Knob Rd, Eagan, MN 55122
All are welcome to attend the FREE opening reception on February 1, 5:00-6:30 p.m. Comedy Night featuring Ali Sultan will be on January 31 and February 1 at 7:00 p.m. Purchase tickets online at www.artworkseagan.org.
About the Exhibit:
The exhibit “Expression: Raw Emotion” is part of Art Works’ 2020 series exploring artists’ perspectives of the human experience. We encourage artists to submit work that is reactionary in nature to bring focus to human emotion whether it be subtle or extreme. Explore the things that make you laugh out loud and ugly cry. Capture the fear of rejection or the warmth of acceptance. Discover your mischievous side, and share raw emotions through your art.
● Application Deadline: December 18, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
● Notification to Artists: January 3, 2020 (delays may occur)
● Art Drop-off: January 21, 2020, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and January 22, 2020, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
● Installation (no artist attendance): January 23-24, 2020
● Exhibition Opening: Feb 1, 2020, 5:00-6:30 p.m. We would love for all artists to attend. Please inform us if that is not possible.
● Show runs from February 1 - April 17, 2020
● Art Pick-up: April 21, 2020, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and April 22, 2020, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Applications and Fees:
Application/Waiver/Work Samples are requested by December 18, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. The application fee is $15, and fee waivers are available upon request. You may submit up to 5 pieces of work for consideration, and you are guaranteed acceptance of at least one piece for exhibition. Artists whose work is not accepted for whatever reason will be refunded the application fee. Artists whose work is deemed exceptional may be asked to submit more pieces and become a featured artist in the exhibition. Application fees are used to support the administrative work associated with the exhibit. Email [email protected] with questions or if you are in need of support to complete the online application.
You will need a google account in order to submit an application online. Please consider creating one as all of our exhibit applications utilize this system. Utilizing automation through google forms is the only way for our all volunteer run organization to manage the data associated with applications. Thanks for your help!