OXHEART invites artists from across the globe to participate in our first Greetings From postcard-size art exhibition which will take place at Squirrel Haus Arts (an 8,000 sq. ft. art incubator) in Minneapolis, Minnesota (U.S.) for a one-day art exhibition opening on Saturday, May 18th, 2019.
The reason for kicking off with the postcard-size art exhibition is to welcome artists to come together from all over the world and to bring new and exciting affordable art and artists to the Twin-Cities art community hence Greetings From. Your art does not need to include Greetings From, it does, however, need to be all you and your style.
OXHEART is now accepting original artwork entries of any medium, style, and ability. Artwork must fit the specified postcard size of 4 inches high x 6 inches long x 0.016 inches thick (10 x 15.24 cm x 0.041 cm). We invite ALL artists over 18 years old to participate. All postcards will be displayed, combining the work of local, national, and international artists.
The Greetings From postcard exhibition will feature hundreds of original creations in an assortment of different media by established and aspiring artists from all over the world. This exhibition will feature new work included by notable, international, and OXHEART alum favorites like Roy Aurinko (Finland), Stefanie Schairer (Germany), Steve Joester (New York), Tlisza Jaurique (New York), Marcus Zilliox (New York), Sarah Valeri (New York), Nick Stavrides (New York), Michael Palladino (New York), Sarah Rockower (New York), Gail Boykewich (New Jersey), and more!
Each original work is sold for an affordable $20 on a first-come-first-serve basis and the buyer will take the work with them at the time of the sale. The exhibition will have a little something for everyone. Buy art and support living artists!
Please follow the entry instructions below.
Artwork, up to 5 pieces of work, must arrive by Friday, May 10th, 2019
Please note: all work must be 4×6 inches
Please legibly print the following information on the back of the postcard:
- Title of the artwork
- Your full name
- Your City/State and Country
- Which way your work is to be displayed (landscape, portrait?)
Artwork not sold during the exhibition will be available online to acquire via OXHEART.net – artwork will not be mailed back to artists.
Please complete the electronic form below and send all artwork to:
c/o Bryn Krenner
P.O. Box 6507
Please write “DO NOT BEND” on the sturdy envelope, pleasepleaseplease.
OXHEART reserves the right to omit any submissions that do not meet our specifications. *No political views or hate in artwork – if this style of art is sent it will NOT be displayed or acknowledged as received. Once your postcard arrives at the gallery, OXHEART will send you an email. If for any reason you do not get a confirmation on your submission, please contact us at [email protected].
Postage: Please confirm the correct postage has been paid when you send your postcard. OXHEART will not pay excess postage for the delivery/collection of postcards.
- Artists must mail actual work (i.e. not photographs of other works), unframed. Limited edition prints and photographs (where the photograph is considered to be the work itself) are both acceptable if on the specific thickness noted above.
- Insurance against loss or damage to the work during transit and for the duration of the show is at the discretion of the artist and is the artist’s responsibility to arrange. This is not the responsibility of OXHEART to arrange, and while we take every care to look after your work while it is at the gallery, OXHEART will not be held responsible for any artwork damaged during the exhibition.
- OXHEART may use images of work for marketing and archiving purposes and will give a full image credit to the artist where possible.
- All postcards will be for sale for $20. The artist will receive 60% on each individual postcard sold.
Contact: [email protected] for further information.