Winnesota Glass Exhibition with Foci MN Center for Glass Art
This year Foci MCGA would like to celebrate the vibrant community and history of glassmaking in Minnesota and Wisconsin with an exhibition titled, “Winnesota Glass.” Curated by Chad Holliday, the Director of Studio Operation of Foci MCGA, this exhibition brings together many of the historically significant glassmakers of the upper Midwest and demonstrates the connection that these two states have had in glass making. This will be an open call for work, two works per artist may be submitted, one or two will be chosen. The first 25 artists submitting will be accepted We hope you will visit Foci MCGA to celebrate the incredible works that will be on display.
Foci MCGA will hold an open call for a glass exhibition, May 1 - June 30, 2019. Work submitted should be exemplary of the artist’s current body of work. All submitted work should have glass as the major component in the creation of the work. This is exhibition is open to all artists residing in Minnesota and Wisconsin that are working in glass. We will accept the first 25 entries.
All work must be for sale. Artists will receive 70% of total sale.
It is preferred that all work be delivered. Work may be mailed but shipping will be at the cost of the artist both ways.
The Exhibition will run from May 1 - June 30, 2019.
Artist must submit the following information:
- Artist Biography
- Artist Statement
- Image List - artist, title, medium, dimensions, date completed, retail price
- Up to 2 works - One image per work only. Images should be labeled and be formatted as follows
- Image requirements: 180dpi - 12 inches in the largest dimension, JPEG or TIFF
- Image info: Please label each image as - artist last name.title.jpeg OR artist.title.jpeg
- Call For entries: February 4, 2019
- Submission deadline: March 31, 2019
- Acceptance notification: April 8, 2019
- Work delivered by April 26, 2019
- Artist Reception: May 3, 2019 – 6-9pm
- Work ready for pickup/return July 8, 2019
If you have a problem submitting your information, please contact Chad Holliday, Director of Studio Operations @ [email protected]