World In Flux: Visions and Voices of a Changing Planet
Notice of Call for Entry
Vine Arts Center (VAC), a Twin Cities community-based not-for-profit art gallery, is preparing an exciting show about the important topic of climate change. VAC invites artists to submit original artwork that provides insight, tells a compelling story, generates dialogue, asks important questions and/or challenges viewers to consider a particular perspective. This call for entry event is open to all forms of art: 2D, 3D, written, video and performance work will all be reviewed. Work will be juried by three member artists at Vine Arts Center.
Community engagement is a fundamental goal at VAC. To deepen our community ties and add scope to this important conversation, VAC will partner with Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy for event planning and programming. Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy seeks to empower individuals and their communities to engage in solutions to climate change. Their vision is a world of resilient communities with equitable solutions to climate change. As such, Climate Generation is a natural partner during our exhibition which seeks to tell stories and generate meaningful dialogue about climate change. This exciting partnership promises to broaden the audience and enhance our usual gallery offerings.
Details of the Exhibition:
- Dates: October 13 - November 3, 2018
- Opening Reception: October 13
- Submission Fee: $25.00
- Application Instructions: http://www.vineartscenter.org/index_WorldinFlux.htm
- Exhibition Jurors:
- Abbi A Allan, MFA Sculpture: practicing artist and instructor at Minneapolis College of Art and Design, Science Museum of Minnesota, STAR Academy
- Kathleen Crook, BFA Ceramics: practicing artist, certified massage therapist
- Zach Taylor, BA Studio Art, MSN, RN: practicing artist, registered nurse
Have Questions? Please email [email protected]
Learn more about Vine Arts Center: www.vineartscenter.org
Learn more about Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy: https://www.climategen.org/who-we-are/our-mission-and-vision/