Saint Paul Public Library's fourth annual ToshoCon mini-con is Saturday, October 12 at Arlington Hills Community Center. and we're looking for participants with interests in anime, manga, comics, games, dance, and Japanese culture. Applications are due October 1st for volunteers and September 20th for those requesting compensation.
We welcome you to ToshoCon, a free opportunity to share and sell your art. Deadline for submissions is end of September or until tables are filled. Artist who wants to participate in ToshoCon 2019 convention, will be notified on October 4, one week before ToshoCon and must respond back to guarantee a spot. This is to assure we have an accurate count on tables, because tables are heavy to bring down the stairs to the gym.
Same as last year:
ToshoCon will only guarantee 10 tables for artist to sell. After 10:00AM, if no artist shows up for their table, it will be given away to another artist.
While in the artist alley all convention, federal, state, and local laws, policies, and rules apply. Artists are responsible and required to follow any applicable laws, rules, and policies. All money transactions must be handled by the artists and not by Library/Parks staff/volunteers.
Acceptable / Prohibited Items:
The following policies for Artist Alley must be followed by all table artists. Library and Parks staff/volunteers are not lawyers or copyright/trademark owner of items you are likely to draw for art, and thus cannot make judgement calls on this behalf. You must follow all Federal, state, and local laws when creating/selling art. All art must be appropriate for all ages.
The following are potentially safe and may be sold:
• Original Character Work
• Individual handmade items that are unique and in the artist's own style.
As a general rule the following should NOT be sold within the alley:
• Food and beverages of any kind.
• Raffles where a purchase is required or increases chances (due to local laws).
• Copyrighted/Trademarked logos and designs.
• Traced, copied, or photo art of a copyrighted/trademarked source.
• Products you did not create yourself (prepackaged/bought items) exception - original designs you created yourself, but not sold in stores.
Artist Alley Schedule: *Please note that times may change
• Set up time will vary as it’s based on the availability of staff and room. Like last year, we will have Friday evening for set up, and Saturday morning, 8:30-10AM.
• Artist Alley hours are 10-1:30PM. *New time, ends at 1:30pm instead of 2pm
• Artist take down time is 1:30PM-2:30PM, strictly important due to the gym needing it for Cosplay runway.
The Arlington Hills Community Center will provide a standard table and two chairs for artist or studio in the artist alley. Any additional display furniture will be provided by the artist, who will be responsible for setting it up.