The Montgomery Area Community Club (MACC) is excited to announce that they are seeking designs for the 86th Annual Kolacky Days button. We are looking for designs from any one of any age who feels creative. The tradition started in 1934 and you can view button collection here: http://www.montgomerymn.org/button
How to Apply:
All entries must meet the criteria listed below, and must be submitted by Friday, November 8, 2019.
Button Design Criteria:
- Be of a Round Design
- Design must include the following words:
- 86th Annual
- Kolacky Days
- July 24– 26, 2020
- Montgomery, MN, Minn., or Minnesota
- Optional: Kolacky Capital of the World
- Design can be hand-drawn or done on a computer.
- Must be in Color and you may use as many colors as desired. However, it is recommended to use no more than 3.
- Designs will not be returned. All designs become the property of the MACC and may be slightly altered. Original artwork and design will be used if possible.
- When submitting a design, please include name, phone, address, and email. The information will only be used by MACC to inform the winner.
- Entries that do not meet the above requirements may be disqualified.
Please deliver the designs to MACC by either emailing, mailing or dropping them off to 206 1st Street S, Montgomery, MN 56069 or to [email protected].
The Kolacky Days souvenir button has been a Kolacky Days tradition since 1934. Out of the 79 buttons, 61 have had a kolacky pictured on it, 28 have had Kolacky Days Royalty pictured on it, and has been fashioned with “Minn.” a total of 31 times, but has not appeared on the button since 1982. MN is the second most common way with 25 and spelling out Minnesota comes in third with 17. A total of 6 buttons made no reference of Minnesota but do mention Montgomery. The entire button collection can be viewed here: http://www.montgomerymn.org/button
The winning design will appear on the collectible souvenir button and may appear on select advertising. The winner will receive $100, a Kolacky Days T-Shirt, an oversized Collectible Kolacky Days Button, two (2) Kolacky Days buttons, media coverage, and see his/her design all over the Kolacky city!