Celebrating excellence in art from across the world, the Aesthetica Art Prize, hosted by the international art and culture publication, Aesthetica Magazine, aims to support innovative practice across a range of media. Providing a platform for artists to showcase their work to an international audience, the renowned Prize nurtures and supports talented practitioners from around the world, aiming to unite and provide a diverse platform for artists.
Furthering the career of many artists, the Prize is an opportunity for artists to gain further exposure through publication in the inspiring Future Now: 100 Contemporary Artists Anthology and have the chance to exhibit their work at the Aesthetica Art Prize Exhibition, hosted in the historic city of
In addition, other prizes include a £5,000 cash prize, invitation to showcase their work at the annual Art Prize exhibition, editorial coverage in Aesthetica Magazine, art supply vouchers courtesy of Winsor & Newton, and a selection of art books courtesy of Prestel.
There are four categories for entry; Photographic & Digital Art; Three-Dimensional Design & Sculpture; Painting, Drawing & Mixed Media; and Video, Installation & Performance.
Entry costs: £24 | Submissions open until 31 August 2018.
- You may enter up to two works per entry fee, unless you are entering into the Video, Installation & Performance category, in which case you may submit one work per entry fee.
- If you are submitting a series, this is considered one work. You can attach images of more than one work within the series.
- You may enter as many times as you wish by purchasing additional Entry Fees.
- Works previously exhibited and published elsewhere are accepted.
- Collaborative works are accepted.
- Works produced within the last three years are preferred, although works made at any time before submission can be entered.
- There is no size limit, although the size of the work in relation to the exhibition space will be a consideration in the shortlisting process.
- Deadline for submissions: 31 August 2018.
- For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Regarding our cancellation and refund policy, please click here.
- 100 artists are longlisted, out of which a selection of artists are shortlisted. Longlisted artists receive publication in the Future Now Annual. Shortlisted artists receive publication and are invited to take part in a group exhibition. The shortlist is eligible to win either the Main Art Prize or the Emerging Art Prize.
- If you are shortlisted for the Prize, you will be asked to supply your artwork for the exhibition in York, UK. Artists selected for the exhibition will be responsible for all transportation (delivery and collection) and insurance costs of artworks.
- January 2018 – 31 August 2018: Entries open
- September 2018: Judging begins
- December 2018: Longlist announced
- January 2019: Shortlist announced
- January 2019: Exhibition dates announced
- Spring 2019: Exhibition opens, winners announced