This is an Open Call for proposals/applications to participate in the 6th Annual Right Here Showcase.
The mission of the Right Here Showcase is to support and highlight MN-based, mid-career, performing artists who create original live performance, and bring new audiences to their work. Artists can be visual, performative, musical.
1) Eligible Artists are Mid-Career: Artists must be mature, at least 30 years old
2) Eligible Artists are MN-Based: Artists must have resided here continuously for 5 or more years
3) Eligible Artists are Under-Recognized: Artists must not have national or international exposure
4) Eligible Artists are Professionals: Artists must have been working professionally for at least 7 years
5) Eligible Artists are creators of Original Contemporary Performance Work*
*RHC defines “creators of Original Contemporary Performance Work” as performing artists and works that reside between the fields of experimental theatre, dance, video art, visual art, music composition/performance, and performance/live art, without adhering to any one single field’s practice
To apply, download and submit the application as a pdf to Artistic Producer Paul Herwig at [email protected]. The application, and other information, can be found at the website at www.righthereshowcase.weebly.com.
Deadline to submit is: Midnight, Tuesday December 31st.
The Artist proposes a 45-60 minute new work, significant revision of a past work, or completion of a current work. Right Here Showcase provides a $1000 fee, plus administrative, marketing, and technical support. Performances are May 28-29-30-31, and June 4-5-6-7. 4 artists will be chosen, and 2 each will perform on a split bill on one of the two weeks of the Showcase.