Design for a chair and/or table.
- For chairs, the main material shall be wood and upholstery. Beech, ash, oak, or walnut should be the wood species utilized, in either solid or plywood version. The Kvadrat textile collections should be used for upholstered pieces. The use of other materials such as metal, thermopolymer, and aluminum will also be accepted.
The chair design proposal includes: chairs, armchairs, lounge chairs, stools, benches and sofas.
- For tables, the principal material shall be “Solid Textile Board by Really” – a high-density material manufactured from Kvadrat textiles at the end of their life-cycle. The use of other materials such as wood, plywood, laminate, glass, metal, thermopolymer, and natural stones will be accepted.
- The table design proposal includes: meeting table, living tables and occasional tables.
- All designs presented shall be new, not having been marketed or publicized prior to the date of the Contest.
- The designs submitted must be unpublished and must not have been marketed or published prior to the contest.
- Possible innovative features related to design, quality, technology, production processes, etc. and in general anything that adds value to the presented project.
- Possible adaptation to the product philosophy of Andreu World.
- Production costs and/or recovery.
- Functionality: fulfilment of the functions for which it has been designed.
- All-round simple and viable mass production possibilities.
- Possible versatility and suitability for development in occasional pieces such as stools, easy chairs, sofas, etc. in the case of chairs, and of different sizes and heights in the case of tables.
- Suitability to numerous ambiences and uses such as the home, contract work, etc.
- The presentation of a creative video explaining the project and/or showing the details and model of the design will be evaluated.