Title: Call for Workshop Proposals
Organization: Peninsula School of Art
Closes: Saturday, June 30, 2018
Peninsula School of Art is seeking proposals from qualified artist educators for adult workshops in 2019 and beyond. Our curriculum covers the media of clay, metals, sculpture, oil painting, acrylic painting, watercolor, pastels, drawing, encaustic, collage, printmaking, photography, video, and professional development. We strive to provide a balanced studio program that covers technical skills, traditional and contemporary methods and materials, and conceptual investigations. Workshops are 2 or 4 days in length.
Critical characteristics for instructors include an excitement and passion for teaching, can-do attitude, ability to facilitate art education experiences for adult students, and dexterity and expertise in your media. In addition, instructors should be active contributors to their field through participation in exhibitions and/or conferences, as well as teaching and/or giving lectures.
Proposals should include:
- Description of the specific workshop
- Medium/media used, level of student, number of days (2 or 4) of instruction
- Objectives of class, competencies that students can expect to achieve, and other highlights that set your workshop apart from others of its kind
- Special equipment needed
- Your resume outlining your qualifications and teaching experience
- Your website or digital images of your work
- What you as an educator bring to your students that is unique and impactful
Proposals should be sent to Elysia at [email protected] no later than June 30, 2018