The Ruth and Harold Chenven Foundation gives annual awards of $1500 to individual artists living and working in the United States, and who are engaged in or planning a new craft or visual art project. The Foundation does not accept film, video, performance art or music submissions (except as those media are integrated into a larger craft or visual art project).
An independent jury of artists and/or art professionals will judge the submissions and make its recommendations to the Foundation Board of Directors for final approval. In 2019, six grants will be awarded. Previous winners of a Foundation grant are not eligible for a second award.
Materials from the winning submissions will be retained by the Foundation and may be used by the Foundation for publicity purposes.
Announcement of Awards
2019 grantees will be notified by the end of October and their names will be publicized on this website and on our Facebook page in early November. Due to the large volume of applications, only the award recipients will receive individual notification. The Foundation regrets that it is unable to return application materials.
2019 Application Instructions
YOUR APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS:
- Artist Statement: Information about yourself and your work Maximum 50 words.
- CV: A curriculum vitae. Maximum 2 pages.
- Project Description: Describe the project for which you are seeking an award. Maximum 75 words. Must include the amount of funding you are requesting and how the funds will be used. However, a detailed budget for your project is not required.
- Images: Five (5) images of your work, as 300 dpi .jpg files, sized at 5×7 inches. Please submit images that best represent your current work, or the work for which you are seeking an award.
- Image List: For each of your jpeg images, list the following: title of work, medium, dimensions, and date completed. At the bottom of the list, provide a single description of how the collective relate to your overall body of work or the project for which you are seeking an award. Maximum 50 words.
Submit your application materials in two (2) folders:
Label the first folder with your first initial/underscore/last name/underscore/materials
Label the second folder with your first initial/underscore/last name/underscore/jpegs
Submit your folders as an email attachment — or identify a drop box location — to [email protected].
Applications will be accepted beginning May 15th and ending July 15th.