Crosslink between dance and talent
Every year, the danceWEB Scholarship Programme offers a scholarship comprising participation in all workshops, research projects as well as attendance at all performances of the ImPulsTanz festival plus mentoring by an artistic coach to about 60 dancers and emerging choreographers from more than 40 countries.
The Scholarship Programme is a five-week further training programme taking place every year in July and August in Vienna within the ImPulsTanz – Vienna International Dance Festival. In order to achieve both its educational and artistic goals, the Scholarship Programme is supervised each year by artistic mentors selected amongst dance personalities, who have played a decisive part on an international level in the development of contemporary dance in recent years. Mentors so far among others: Mathilde Monnier, Jonathan Burrows, David Zambrano, Sarah Michelson, DD Dorvillier, Ivo Dimchev, Chris Haring, Tino Sehgal, Doris Uhlich, Meg Stuart and Florentina Holzinger.
The scholarship includes among others:
- Participation in the Research Projects of ImPulsTanz (Pro Series & Field Projects)
- Participation in the technique workshops of ImPulsTanz (more than 200 workshops by over 90 teachers)
- Free admission to all performances of ImPulsTanz
- Exchange of ideas and contact with the international teachers and choreographers of ImPulsTanz
- Special projects exclusively offered to danceWEB scholarship holders
- Representation in the yearly growing, international danceWEB-database
- Lecture demonstrations and talks
- Free accommodation
- Mentoring by artistic mentor(s)
Applications for the danceWEB Scholarship Programme 2019 can be handed in as of now.
Deadline is 09th January 2019, 12:00 noon CET.
For detailed information and the application form please visit the website of