Minnesota Museum of American Art
Mission: The Minnesota Museum of American Art inspires people to discover themselves and their communities through American art.
Description: The Minnesota Museum of American Art (the M) is in an exciting, transformational time as we work towards opening a new art museum in late 2018. The M seeks a Development Associate to support development initiatives in fundraising, administrative tasks, and special events. Additionally, this position supports efforts related to strengthening the M’s membership program. The Development Associate works under the supervision of the Director of Advancement, but is expected to perform many daily tasks independently. We know there are great candidates who may not fit into the criteria we’ve outlined below, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Work Environment & Schedule: Must be able to successfully work both independently and collaboratively in an office setting. Work schedule is Monday through Friday, but does require occasional work on evenings and weekends, based on department needs and event schedules.
- Process, maintain, and track printed and electronic records related to contributions, grants, pledges, and membership to assure accuracy.
- Process donations, and document and distribute all acknowledgements, membership welcome packages and cards, and grant contracts.
- Assist with funder communications and grant calendar to certify accuracy of deadlines, contact information, and provide research for new funding possibilities.
- Oversee the completion of proposal packages from tracking upcoming deadlines, alerting staff to due dates and needs, compilation of packages, through submission.
- Respond to donor inquiries, file correspondence and other records, and assist with other clerical and administrative tasks as needed.
- Assist with cultivation, membership, and fundraising events coordination, while acting as liaison between event hosts and the M.
- Manage details of larger, bi-annual fundraising events, including ticket sales and/or RSVP tracking, vendor coordination, décor, volunteer needs, and staffing.
- Assist with preparation of presentations to development committee and board.
- Manage spring and fall appeals and all membership recruitment mailings, including the tracking and coordination of membership renewals.
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience in development or administration.
- Outstanding organization skills; able to successfully manage multiple projects independently and seek direction as needed.
- Exceptional communication skills, excellent judgment, proven relationship skills, discretion, creative thinking, and the desire and ability to work as part of a small and dedicated team.
- Knowledge of local donors and foundations preferred.
- Experience working with a database preferred.
- Experience with event management preferred.
- Interest in advancing skills as a development professional.
- Experience working in a nonprofit art or cultural institution a plus.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume, and three names of references via email to Jennifer Hensley, Director of Operations, at [email protected].
Salary will be determined based upon experience, in the range of $30,000 to $35,000. This is a full-time position with comprehensive benefits.
Application deadline: Sunday, July 8, 2018; anticipated start date in late July 2018.
The M is committed to building a culture focused on inclusivity, diversity, equity, and accessibility and strives to exemplify the richness of difference, and the equitable inclusion of it, throughout the organizational culture and within its practices. Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.