Image: Dustin Steuck, Being, 2017, Single-channel video installation, gold mylar, 13:17.
The Regis Center for Art (RCA) Emerging Artist Exhibition Program is a new opportunity for emerging artists in Minnesota to participate in solo or group exhibitions at the Quarter Gallery in the Regis Center for Art at the University of Minnesota. The purpose of the exhibition series is to provide artists with opportunities to exhibit their work, broaden connections with other artists, and gain wider exposure to the arts community in the Twin Cities. The exhibition series seeks to support a diverse range of artistic practices within the visual arts. Participants will be selected by a panel comprised of University of Minnesota Department of Art faculty along with a member of the broader arts community.
Spring 2019 Application - OPEN CALL!
Exhibition dates: April 4 th – April 27 th , 2019
Please submit the following materials to [email protected] with subject “RCA Emerging Artist Exhibition Program” by Monday December 3, 2018
- Jpegs of recent work, and/or a 5 minute video
- one page maximum CV
- one page maximum artist statement
- a half page maximum project proposal (optional)
- Artists may not be current degree seeking students
- Artists may apply as an individual, a collaborative team, or a group
- Artists are responsible for shipping/delivery of installation-ready artwork
- The Quarter Gallery does not have gallery attendants or a security system
- The University of Minnesota is not liable for damage, theft or loss of artworks in the Quarter Gallery
- There may be restrictions based on fire code, staffing, and University regulations
For questions about the application process or the series, please email Tamsie Ringler at: [email protected].