Title: Education Director
Reports to/Evaluated by: FMCT Executive Director
About the Fargo Moorhead Community Theatre Education program:
FMCT serves as an inclusive gathering place; providing creative opportunities for people of every generation, ability, and background. It is our mission is to enrich our greater community through engaging theatrical and educational opportunities of high artistic quality. FMCT Education program consists of diverse artistic programming throughout the year. We are currently searching for continued growth in our education programs.
Qualifications and Skills:
1.Preferred BA in an arts education field and/or three years plus of previous performing arts experience.
2. Administrative experience in arts education with a deep passion for Theatre for Young Audiences.
3. Possess a high-level of professionalism, initiative, integrity, tact, and discretion.
4. Ability to write, review, and manage curriculum for theatre arts programming.
5. Demonstrated resourcefulness in solving problems and ability to work effectively under tight timelines while managing multiple priorities in a deadline-driven work environment.
6. Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
7. Knowledge of child social and emotional development at ages 4-15.
8. The ability to develop and assess theatre education and outreach programs, teaching artists, and overall concepts.
9. Awareness of educational trends in literature and pop culture, integrating these into programming.
10. Strong verbal and written communication skills, in addition to organizational skills.
11. Strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to handle new and different tasks.
12. Ability to work on weekends and evenings when schedule requires.
13. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and heavy experience tracking programs, budgets, and course curriculum in Excel and Word.
14. Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of internal and external constituents including internal staff, board members, program officers, and community partners.
15. Obtain and maintain certification in CPR and First Aid.
16. Upon hire, position will be subject to a criminal background check through the ND State Police and FBI.
Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The range of benefits includes medical, vacation, and sick paid time off.
How to Apply:
Fargo Moorhead Community Theatre is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the goal of building a diverse staff and an inclusive work environment. Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please, no phone calls.
**Applications accepted on a rolling basis**