The PF team is looking for residents to help us with daily tasks ranging from art installation, gallery events, and social media management. The PF residents will gain valuable experience in assisting with artist relations and planning for exhibitions and events. This is an opportunity to learn the daily operations of a progressive space.
The space embodies a certain type of hustle and the ideal candidates will know how to take initiative. Bonus points if you’re an artist.
· Assisting in art handling and installation
· Assistance during events and exhibitions
· Maintaining social media platforms
· Assisting in other gallery-related duties on a daily basis as needed
· Gallery maintenance
· Basic understanding/interest of contemporary art required
· Studying art, art history, business, or marketing preferred
· Must be punctual, resourceful, skilled in communication
· Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
· Must be detail oriented and well organized
· Installation experience preferred
· Available on 1-2 days a week with flexibility for upcoming gallery events.
Position type: Unpaid - This position is unpaid, as PF is volunteer-run and does not have a paid staff at this time. We value your time and contribution to this work and will discuss how the opportunity can work best for you, course credit is one option, we are also open to trade... use of the space for your own projects, etc. The resident program positions you as an apprentice and we hope this is a valuable opportunity to gain experience as well as be part of PF's work.We consider your availability and capacity to contribute your time and talents and shape a flexible experience for you.
If you are interested in joining our team at Public Functionary please send an email, your résumé and social media handle to [email protected] : Sarah Verrastro, Curatorial Assistant.