Administrative Assistant Brief Job Summary
Award-winning Twin Cities-based Dancer-Choreographer, Alanna Morris-Van Tassel, (Dance Magazine's "25 to Watch!," City Pages' Artist of the Year, City Pages Best Choreographer) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to manage the flow of choreographic commissions, tours and creative projects in 2019/2020.
This position runs from Dec 1, 2019 - Dec 1, 2020
I am looking for an individual who embraces the mission of AMVTP and has strong organizational ability. The individual must be highly disciplined, have the ability to create efficient, digital and practical information systems and have great communication skills. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, visionary, and a good problem solver. AMVTP’s Administrative Assistant must also thrive in social settings, as attending some meetings with collaborators and funders is of value.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Research funding channels and artistic and professional developmental opportunities and deadlines (grants, fellowships, residencies, calls for choreographers, etc...) that will support AMVTP’s strategic goals for 2019/2020
- Create, Research and Manage a digital database of Presenters and Funders
- Manage newsletter via Mailchimp host
- Some website maintenance
- Manage some AMVTP communications through a separate email account
- Create and Coordinate some social media promotion
- Coordinate Alanna’s weekly schedule of Things To Do and reminders
- Digital organization of AMVTP calendar and business meetings
- Organize and Collate all data in Google spreadsheets or on other digital formats
- Attend and record notes at key meetings
Administrative Assistant Skills
- High verbal and written skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and all Google Drive suites
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency and an interest in learning new organizational systems
- Detail-oriented and visionary
- Exceptional communication skills
- Superior organization skills
Administrative Assistant Time Commitment and Compensation
- This position is an average of 6 hours/week and may vary according to the workload but not more than 18 hours/month on an on-going and seasonal basis
- Positions begins Dec 1, 2019 - Dec 1, 2020 with the possibility of January 2020 OFF
- Pay rate is $15/hour
AMVTP is a fiscally sponsored project of Springboard for the Arts.
The mission of Alanna Morris-Van Tassel Productions is to produce solo dance works and global commissions that uplift and inspire our humanity; to produce educational programs that utilize the creative arts as a tool for self- development; and to spearhead community building initiatives that assist underdeveloped populations with resources to thrive.
In her third season as a solo performer, Alanna seeks to expand her body of work via choreographic commissions of local and international artists/arts organizations.
As a Choreographer, she seeks to expand into new global markets and communities.
AMVTP presents performance works and collaborates with artists that are engaged in vigorous physical practice, unapologetic, and explore arresting, socially relevant concepts/themes.
AMVTP will expand its impact in arts education, utilizing the arts as a tool for self-development in peoples of all ages, including a local mentoring/coaching program for pre-professional female dancers of colour and developing a global exchange with Art on Purpose (dir. Jamie Philbert, Trinidad and Tobago).
AMVTP will refine and expand its community-building initiatives that assist under-served communities with resources to thrive, including an annual women’s retreat for mid-career women creatives.
1. Email a resume (or applicable experience) to [email protected]
2. Go to www.alannamvt.com/contact to schedule a 30 min phone interview
Interviews through Nov 15
Hiring notice by Nov 22