From August 16 to October 11, 2019, Pillsbury House Theatre will accept applications for the inaugural McKnight Community-Engaged Artist Fellowship program.
Community-Engaged Artists are artists who use their artistic practice to engage relationships aimed at producing social transformation. The goal of the Community-Engaged Artist Fellowship program is to identify and support mid-career Minnesota artists who create exceptional community engaged work. The program will use an independent jury of three arts professionals to award two fellowships. The fellowship will run for one year: January 1, 2020– January 1, 2021. Artists from all areas of Minnesota are encouraged to apply.
SELECTED FELLOWS WILL RECEIVE:
• $25,000 (unrestricted): Fellowship funding may be used to enhance any aspect of the artist’s life, such as overhead costs, the purchase of materials, travel, and other living expenses. Awards are subject to state and federal income tax guidelines.
• $3,000 in additional funds for a pilot initiative leading to the development of new community engaged work.
• Access to PH+T’s facilities and equipment.
• Support from PH+T staff and menu of community resources and services.
• Fellowship Discussion Series: Fellows will select a national expert in the field to be in dialogue with throughout the term of their fellowship, culminating in a public discussion about community engaged practice.
Applicants will be evaluated and selected based on the transformative impact of their work as evidenced in submitted materials, and work samples. Consideration will be given to accomplishments to date as well as promise for continued development and the impact the fellowship will have on the artist.
GET IN TOUCH:
Mike Hoyt, Program Director
[email protected] / 612.787.3655
Pillsbury House Theatre / 3501 Chicago Ave S, MPLS
ABOUT MCKNIGHT FELLOWSHIPS:
The McKnight Foundation’s Arts program is one of the oldest and largest of its kind in the country. Established in 1981, the McKnight Artist Fellowships provide annual, unrestricted cash awards to outstanding mid-career Minnesota artists in ten (currently expanding to 15) areas. For more information, visit https://www.mcknight.org/programs/arts/the-mcknight-artist-fellowships/.