CALL FOR ARTIST PROPOSALS - deadline Sunday 22 February 2015
Selectors: Poppy Bowers (Founder and Curator, NEW STUDIO) and Kirsty Ogg (Director, Bloomberg New Contemporaries)
NEW STUDIO is excited to announce its first Call for Artist Proposals.
Local, national and international artists are encouraged to submit proposals to present their work in our space for 1 month during 2015. NEW STUDIO is a small-scale exhibition space in East London founded by curator Poppy Bowers. Based in Terrace Studios, it is rooted in the idea of the studio as a test-site and a place of experimental activity and making.
NEW STUDIO is committed to offering logistical, practical and critical support to artists and has a particular focus on supporting ongoing practice and offering a platform for new, evolving work and ideas. We invite proposals from artists of any age and location to present recent work, or work that is yet unfinished/unrealised. NEW STUDIO is open to working with a wide range of activity including performance, site-specific installations and exhibitions.
Selected proposals will be developed with curator Poppy Bowers and presented in NEW STUDIO at Frederick Terrace, Haggerston, London during 2015.
Exhibition costs will be covered by NEW STUDIO.
To apply please send the following documents to [email protected]
- 1 A4 page CV (including your full name, address, email, contact telephone number).
- General artist statement (250 word max).
- Description of proposed project (500 word max).
- Up to 5 image files or up to 5 web-links to moving image/sound work demonstrating your practice. (images must not exceed 500 KB file size JPEG per image and must be clearly labelled with artist name and title of image).
- £6 fee to contribute towards administration costs (non-refundable and must be in British Pound Sterling currency).
Deadline for entries is 5pm on Sunday 22 February 2015.
Download floor plan of NEW STUDIO here.
Any questions please get in touch at [email protected]
To sign up to our mailing list please click here.