Aniccha Arts, Census, West River Parkway, Northern Spark 2016. Photo: Dusty Hoskovec.
Northern Spark is a one-night, all-night participatory arts festival that lights up the Twin Cities on the second Saturday of June. Now in it’s 7th year, Northern Spark – presented by Northern Lights.mn – will take place on Saturday, June 10th, 2017 along the Metro Transit Light Rail Green Line spanning Downtown Minneapolis and Lowertown St. Paul. This will be the second and culminating year of Northern Spark’s climate change theme under the banner of Climate Chaos | Climate Rising.
For more information, visit 2017.northernspark.org.
JOB DESCRIPTION: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
This position is responsible for electricity, A/V, projection, staging, and lighting for Northern Spark 2017 along the Metro Transit Light Rail Green Line spanning Downtown Minneapolis and Lowertown St. Paul.
Deadline to apply:
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Northern Spark Technical Director” in the subject line by January 2, 2017.
Estimated hours: Project fee for work starting February through June. Anticipated 5-10 hours/week in Feb and March, increasing as needed through April and May. Expected to be nearly full time mid-May thru mid-June, then decreasing again to the end of June. Full time requirement June 5-15. Festival is June 10. Evening and weekend hours to be expected throughout.
Duration: February through June 30th, 2017
Reports to: NS Producer
- Oversight of festival technical needs including, but not limited to:
- AV needs
- Electrical needs
- Lighting needs
- Projection mapping support
- Special projects as mutually agreed upon
- Coordination with Producer on review and approval of all projection project technical specifications and budgets as appropriate
- Coordination of any venues where NL is programming projection or concert projects. Coordination of tech for all artists whose projection work is commissioned, including review of technical specifications for their projects.
Excellent written and verbal communications; ability to work independently and efficiently.
Experience using Google Docs is essential, knowledge of Asana preferred but not necessary if willing to learn.