Application Open Call for New Editions
New Editions is an annual, two-day celebration of new artist book publications, featuring local and internationally created artist books, photo books, chapbooks, zines, broadsides, and hand printed work. New Editions offers something for everyone, from seasoned collectors to new enthusiasts, with items listed at a variety of price points.
About the Event:
Friday, October 18, 7-10pm: New Editions Ticketed Preview Party
Featuring selected artists’ works, TBD Artist Performance in the Target Performance Hall, catered food, wine and beer.
Saturday, October 19, 10am-3pm: New Editions sale open to the public, featuring artist book readings.
Application cycle open from June 24 – August 26, 2019.
All applications are due August 26, 2019 at 11:59pm CST.
- Artwork submitted must have been created between June 2018 and August 2019.
- Books/Prints with text: text must be visible to be reviewed completely by the jury; please include a document of full book text. Applicants who do not include a document of full book text will not be considered.
- Artist must include retail price of each artwork submitted in application.
- Artists may submit up to 10 images. Images must be labeled ArtistFirstNameArtistLastName_Title.filetype (ex: LisaLopez_Waterfall.jpg)
- Artists have the option of including up to 3 videos per application. Each video submitted will replace 2 images (Example: If you choose to upload 2 videos, you may only include 6 images). Videos may also be uploaded directly or may include a link to Vimeo or Youtube.
- Artists must include a corresponding Image list with Title of artwork, Date created, Medium, Retail Price.
- The jury will be composed of MCBA Staff and professional book artists
- MCBA reserves the right to refuse any application submissions.
- Artists will be notified about accepted submissions by Friday, September 20, 2019
- The jury will select five Juror’s Picks, who will receive a ticket to the Artist Performance on Friday, October 18 at 7PM in the Target Performance Hall at Open Book.
- All work must be complete and ready to sell: all prints must arrive wrapped in cellophane with a backing board.
- Artists are responsible for the cost of shipping work to MCBA.
- Accepted artwork must arrive to MCBA no later than Tuesday, October 1, 2019.
- Artists agree to sell work at MCBA under consignment terms of 60/40, with artist retaining 60% of the purchase price.
- Artwork will remain on consignment in the MCBA Shop after the New Editions event.
- After April 2020, all unsold work will be returned to the artist. MCBA will pay for return shipping.
If you have any questions about the submission process, e-mail Torey Erin at [email protected]