Highpoint Center for Printmaking
912 Lake Street West | Minneapolis, MN 55408
(612) 871-1326; www.highpointprintmaking.org
Office/Gallery hours: Monday- Friday 9 AM- 5 PM, Saturday Noon – 4 pmJob Opportunity: Operations & Communications Manager
Supervisor: Highpoint Center’s Executive Director
Exempt, salaried position (full-time at 40 hours/ week)
Application deadline: 7/6/18 (midnight)
Start date: approximately 8/6/2018
Highpoint Center for Printmaking (HP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the understanding and appreciation of fine art printmaking. Founded in 2001, HP provides the community with:
1) Educational programming for all ages and skill levels in the processes of printmaking, with a focus on hands-on, interactive experiences.
2) Public access to a fine art printmaking shop, making available facilities to a diverse community of users through a Printshop Cooperative.
3) A collaborative, professional printshop for invited visiting artists to create fine art editions under the guidance and support of a Master Printer.
4) An on-site gallery space to display contemporary prints created at HP, as well as national and international exhibitions.
The Operations and Communications Manager will work individually and as part of a team on a wide variety of daily tasks and long-term projects across general and gallery operations and organization-wide communications. This position manages various operational systems, coordinating bookkeeping, financial reporting, sales systems, and managing the Salesforce.com CRM platform. This position also manages and executes the organization’s communications plan, including email marketing, direct mail, website content, publicity, and social media. In addition, this position supports the organization in a fundraising capacity, coordinating its supporting membership program and donor communications.
This position interacts often with the general public, so the best candidates will enjoy interfacing with diverse visitors. The best candidates will be self-starters who have found success working independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Work hours are 9 – 5 Mon- Fri (40 hrs/wk), plus occasional weekend and evening hours due to special events (for which employees receive compensatory time).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain records of HP’s daily financial activity by recording transactions in Quickbooks and various other tracking systems
- Prepare invoices and receipts, working closely with Gallery Director, Education Manager, and Co-op Manager to ensure invoices, dues, and class payments are paid in a timely fashion
- Oversee sales systems for print sales and ensure artists are paid in a timely, accurate fashion
- Work with accountant and Executive Director on yearly audit
- Serve as HP’s Salesforce.com administrator, overseeing staff engagement with the platform, troubleshooting issues and implementing changes as needed
- Coordinate mailing lists and donor reporting via the Salesforce.com platform
- Coordinate I.T. management with HP’s I.T. consultant and staff
- Coordinate timesheets for staff
- Assist directors with various tasks as needed
- Manage production of exhibition postcards (including some design work and coordination with outside printer/ mail house)
- Manage regular email communications via email marketing system
- Serve as liaison with the press, coordinating production and distribution of press releases for exhibitions and other items of note
- Coordinate website updates in conjunction with eblasts and biannual newsletter, in accordance with Highpoint’s website workflow
- Oversee Highpoint’s general social media platforms, creating original content, delegating content creation, and engaging with Highpoint's audience
- Oversee Highpoint’s image archive on Flickr, ensuring staff are following upload protocol
- Coordinate communications with Highpoint’s supporting members/ donors
- Copy edit biannual newsletter and other promotional pieces as needed
- Welcome and assist visitors, answer phone, route messages and communications
- Assist at openings and events outside of usual weekday hours (some evenings and weekends required), totaling approx. 10 hours per month (for which compensatory time may be taken)
- Interface with Highpoint’s board of directors as needed
- Infrequent lifting of materials/ boxes up to 25lb
- Minimum 2 years full-time (3 years PT) experience in an administrative or office setting, preferably with a non-profit, arts organization, or gallery
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in communications, arts or nonprofit administration, or a related field
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with an ability to prioritize and multi-task a wide variety of projects
- Excellent communicator with an emphasis on clear, precise writing ability
- Flexible, creative, and efficient problem-solver
- Shows initiative to learn and apply new skills
- Basic financial recordkeeping experience with attention to accuracy; proficiency with Quickbooks software
- Proficiency with database systems (experience with salesforce.com a plus)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite with an emphasis on Microsoft Word and Excel, familiar with Mac computers (OS X)
- Strong interest in contemporary art
- Willing and able to commit to a long-term, permanent position
- Professional record demonstrates advancement and/or success with increasing responsibilities on-the-job
- Experience with social media and other methods of audience and community engagement
- Experience managing and executing fundraising campaigns
- Basic design background with Photoshop/ Illustrator/ digital photography skills
- Knowledge of HTML and experience with Squarespace or another CMS
- Marketing experience (direct mail and email marketing are a plus)
- Commitment to growing access and diversity initiatives
- Familiarity with the Twin Cities artistic community: its key institutions and issues
- Salary Range: $37,000 (DOQ)
- Subsidized health insurance plan
- Vacation and sick pay
- Free studio access for experienced printmakers (Co-op guidelines apply)
- Discounts on printmaking classes
To apply, please submit:
- A resume (2 pages max.). In addition to professional/ work information the resume should also list 3 professional references with their contact information
- A 1-page cover letter detailing professional experience and highlighting any unique qualifications/ skills you can bring to Highpoint
- Writing sample such as a press release, article, or class summary (1-2 pages).
- All materials should include name and current contact information (address, e-mail, phone)
- Send all materials to: [email protected] by 7/06/18. Applications MUST include Operations and Communications Manager in the subject line.
No calls, please.
Highpoint is a federally registered, nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization. Highpoint is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, nationality, orientation, religion, ability, or age. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.