Seeking submissions of art by veterans for exhibition at Inver Hills Art Gallery. Deadline: October 14
Exhibition sponsored by campus Veterans groups; Club VALOR, Women Warriors,
in support of the Diversity Initiative of Inver Hills Community College, and in solidarity with Veterans in the Arts [a program funded by the Learning Grant through the MN State Arts Board]
Inver Hills Art Gallery
Room: Fine Arts #120
Located at Inver Hills Community College
2500 East 80th Street
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
Submission deadline is Tuesday October 14, Midnight.
- Submissions can be emailed to [email protected], or other submission accommodations can be made over the phone or in person, please contact Gallery at #651-450-3101.
- All skill levels accepted, amateur to professional
- All media, 2D and 3D art accepted
- No more than 4 pieces per artist
Please include the following:
1) Artist’s name
2) Artist’s contact info: email, and phone #
3) Service branch and date of service
4) Title of piece(s) and medium used
5) Description of piece so we can connect art to owner
6) Brief narrative (optional). If you need assistant please contact Erin Goedtel, gallery coordinator, to assist with transcribing one for you:
email: [email protected]
Club VALOR Veterans club at Inver Hills invites all self-identifying veterans to submit art to the upcoming exhibition at Inver Hills Art Gallery. The show will feature works representing personal identities of each veteran expressed through their artworks and art pursuits in whatever form that takes. The Club would like to challenge general assumptions about what a veteran is by opening up the conversation about who each person is, or what interest them within and beyond that title. The purpose of the show is to create a space for expression and reflection for veterans and to share and engage with campus and the larger community.
- Drop off dates will be Thursday Oct 23 and Friday Oct 24 (time TBA). All pieces must be hand delivered.
- Opening Reception from 5pm-7pm on Tuesday, November 4
- Exhibition runs Tuesday, November 4 – November 21
- Pick up dates will be Monday, November 24, and Tuesday, November 25 (time TBA)
*Inver Hills Community College would like to assure that all educational programs, course materials, services, and activities sponsored by the College are accessible to individuals with disabilities. If you need accommodations, Contact Disability Services: phone #to 651-450-3884 and room location College Center, Room 211 for Disability Services