SOCIAL MEDIA RESIDENT
The PF team is looking for a resident to help us manage and grow our social media platforms. We are looking for a creative and hardworking individual to support the team through the creation of consistent digital content. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the Public Functionary aesthetic and values. Additionally, the intern will gain valuable experience learning about the daily operations of a progressive space.
The space embodies a certain type of hustle and the ideal candidates will know how to take initiative. Bonus points if you’re an artist.
· Consistent creation of digital content
· Attendence during events and exhibitions
· Maintaining social media platforms
· Documentation of events and process
· Daily social media engagement
· Solid understanding of contemporary art, current trends in art and design required
· Studying art, art history, business, or marketing preferred
· Must be punctual, resourceful, skilled in communication
· Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
· Strong knowledge of how to create cohesive content
· Strong documentation skills
· Flexible availability for upcoming gallery events
· Understanding of social media
Position type: Unpaid - This position is unpaid, as PF is volunteer-run and does not have a paid staff at this time. We value your time and contribution to this work and will discuss how the opportunity can work best for you, course credit is one option, we are also open to trade... use of the space for your own projects, etc. The resident program positions you as an apprentice and we hope this is a valuable opportunity to gain experience as well as be part of PF's work. We consider your availability and capacity to contribute your time and talents and shape a flexible experience for you.
If you are interested in joining our team at Public Functionary please send and email, your résumé and social media handle to [email protected] : Sarah Verrastro, Curatorial Assistant.