This grant program awards up to $2,000 to purchase technology, equipment, or pay for training and services that will help you support and sustain your work as an artist. Funding for proposals that include out-of-state activities is prohibited in this program.
This grant requires a 15% match. This match must be cash, not in-kind contributions.
To be eligible to apply for this program, you must be at least eighteen years old, a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status, and be a resident of Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, or St. Louis County for at least six months, and remain a Minnesota resident for six months after any purchases related to this proposal are completed. Individuals enrolled in arts-related degree programs are ineligible to apply.
Applications Open: Friday, August 17, 2018
Application Deadline: Friday, September 28, 2018
Grant Panel Review: Friday, November 6, 2018
Board Approval Meeting: Thursday, Novmber 15, 2018
Earliest Possible Starting Date: December 1, 2018
Please read the guidelines completely before beginning your application, and feel free to contact the Grants Manager with questions.
Applications must be completed and submitted using the ARAC Grant Portal. Submissions in any other format, including email, will not be accepted. Instructions for navigating the online system can be found in both the guidelines and by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- The online application process will walk you through submitting your application.
- To be eligible, your application must include all materials listed as required in the online application.
- Applications must be received into the online system by 4:30 p.m. on the deadline date. Applications received after this time are ineligible and will not be reviewed. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Help with your application:
- All applicants are encouraged to discuss proposal ideas and eligibility with the Grants Manager prior to starting a grant application.
- ARAC schedules a variety of workshops, office hours, and one-on-one consultations before each grant deadline. Please consult our Announcements page for the most recent information or call/email our grants manager to set up a one-on-one consultation. ARAC also maintains a guest computer in our offices if you’d like to work on your proposal during regular office hours.
- Applicants may request grant application ‘draft reviews’ no later than 2 weeks prior to the deadline. The Grants Manager will review your application draft and give feedback for you prior to submitting your application for the Board to review. Draft reviews must be requested by contacting the Grants Manager no later than 2 weeks prior to the deadline.
To see a list of previous Technology/Equipment grant recipients and their projects, visit our recent awards page.
If you received a grant prior to July 1, 2014 and still have a Final Report due, please contact the office to have a form sent to you.