Subbody Butoh - Dance of Life8 weeks workshop with Kats D Subbody Butoh Method
was developed by Rhizome Lee, a Japanese Butoh practitioner. "Subbody" means subconscious body. In the subconscious realm, away from the boundary of ego and daily consciousness, our mind and body melt into oneness and create world that is completely different from daily world. Though various conditioning techniques, a Subbody Butoh practitioner creates movements through exploring the subconscious realm. For more information about Subbody Butoh Method, please go to: www.subbody.net This workshop will focus on the essential aspects of Subbody Butoh:
• Quiet down the daily consciousness and listen to the subtle body signals.
• Go beyond our physical, psychological and social bounds in order to create movements that are novel and unique to the individual body.
• Develop Subbody movements through opening eight channels (body feeling, movement, visual, audio, emotion, relationship, world-self image and thinking).
• Explore movements through Hidden Body (Hidden Skin, Hidden Muscle, Hidden Joints, etc)
• Through the Life Resonance with other Subbodies, become Co-body.
This workshop requires no dance experience. Anyone who would like to explore his or her hidden creative potentials is welcome! When: Tuesday 6:00-9:00pm July 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 August 7, 14, 21 Where: Studio 206 - Ivy Building for the Arts, 2637 27th Avenue South, Minneapolis Tuition: $200 ($180 when you register by June 15th)
To register, please write a check payable to Kats D Fukasawa
and mail to 5015 14th Avenue South, Minneapolis Minnesota 55417. Full payment required to register. Kats D (Workshop Instructor)
has been studying Subbody Butoh under the guidance of Rhizome Lee since 2005. In 2011 he was certified as Subbody Midwife (instructor) by Subbody Butoh School Himalaya. He has also studied with other Butoh masters, such as Katsura Kan, Akira Kasai and Kim Itoh. He performs and teaches Subbody Butoh regularly in the Twin Cities and abroad. For more information about upcoming performances and workshops by Kats D, please go to: http://sites.google.com/site/katsdsubbody
For more information about workshop, please contact Kats D Fukasawa at KatsD.Subbody@gmail.com.