Join painters Suzann Beck and Donna Meyer
in Historic Medora, North Dakota, and the Theodore Roosevelt National Park for a 5-day workshop in one of the most accessible national wonders in the U.S.
Sharpen your Plein Aire painting and Travel Journaling skills.
Spend 5 days and 7 nights in stunning landscapes capturing the rugged individualism of North Dakota in oil and sketching. Retreat goers will learn and practice plein air landscape and travel journaling, plus enjoy the legendary musical and historic sights of Medora.
Enjoy the tranquility and incredible home cooking of Eagle Ridge Lodge.
Perched on a ridge above the Badlands of North Dakota, our accommodations are not only gracious, but the 2-story glass wall and spacious dining room will allow us to paint landscape from indoors in case of inclement weather. Visit their site at
The workshop features ample hands-on work during the day with nightly group feedback/critique sessions. Students can work side by side with instructors, or choose their own locations for painting. The lodge will supply sack breakfasts and lunches for all-day painting outings. Contact Suzann for the full schedule.
• Sunday — Students arrive, dinner at the Lodge.
• Monday — Demo and landscape painting on the Lodge property.
• Tuesday — Painting all day at Theodore Roosevelt National Park.
• Wednesday — Travel sketching lecture and all-day sketching in historical Medora. Optional outing to the Pitchfork Fondue and Medoral Musical in the evening.
• Thursday — Painting all day at Theodore Roosevelt National Park.
• Friday — Painting horses at the trailride location, and then in downtown Medora.
• Saturday — Breakfast and departure.
Tuition and Lodging
Tuition below includes workshop fees, lodging, 2 meals a day and 2 sack meals for all-day painting outings. Museum fees, Pitchfork Fondue, and Musical are not included. A $350 nonrefundable deposit will hold your spot with remainder due clearing before the first day of the workshop. Cash, checks or credit cards accepted.
• Single Occupancy — $ 1,785
• Double Occupancy — $ 1,175
Register today! Contact Suzann at:
[email protected] or call