for Works in Progress of all Media
(Theatre, Dance, Visual Art, Music, Film and New Media)
CFPA will choose THREE ARTISTS - of any media and at any stage in their career - to make a new piece that in some way addresses identity.
Artist will provide:
- An invited open rehearsal/work session in early March (to be scheduled on acceptance) with professional facilitated feedback.
- A presentation of the work in progress, open to the public. The precise scope of completed work will be negotiated between CFPA and the artist after the March open rehearsal. CFPA expects the artist to create enough creative work to engage an audience for 20-30 minutes, to be followed by facilitated discussion.
CFPA will provide:
- Access to up to 20 hours of free rehearsal/work space, to be scheduled as available through the CFPA office.
- Presentation event logistics:
- Static area lighting
- Audience seating
- Post-event refreshments
- Presentation will take place on the evenings of Friday, April 20th and Saturday, April 21st, 2018.
Please note the selection process for these residencies is competitive and will be based on the artist’s proposed project, quality of work sample, achievability of goals, and relevance to CFPA’s mission and goals. We will announce residency artists on January 20th, 2018.
Application fee: $25 (Please pay here: PayPal.Me/cfpampls/25)
Application will not be considered until full payment is received.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2018
CFPA's Works in Progress Residency is a project of:
a series of conversations between audiences and creative works,
to reframe an American Identity.
This series supports artists who engage fiercely with the complex and contradictory nature of the human experience. We support audiences who yearn for greater personal engagement between works of art and the daily life of our community. With a focus on artists that reckon with social justice on a human scale, the post-presentation discussions are facilitated by skilled leaders in the creation of art and the seeking of justice.