When: September, 21 2019 // 12 - 6 pm
Location: 10th St. South & Centennial Place | Elliot Park Neighborhood, Minneapolis MN
Cost: FREE, $1-2 suggested donation to FINNEGANS Community Fund for 21+ wristbands
Note: For the comfort of others, please no animals allowed
MINNEAPOLIS ST PAUL, August, 2019 -- The ART POP! Block Party is a full-day event for all ages celebrating the dynamic artists, creatives, and small business owners living, working, and thriving in one of Minneapolis’s most historic neighborhoods, Elliot Park. ART POP! Block Party will feature music and live painting, food trucks and brews, local vendors in a pop-up art market, and interactive activities from one end of the block to the other.
This year neighboring independent businesses located on South 10th Street came together to create the Elliot Park Arts Quarter (EPAQ). In partnership with the Elliot Park Neighborhood (EPNI), EPAQ was awarded funding by the Great Streets Business District Support Program. With that funding, EPAQ is proud to host the inaugural ART POP! Block Party on Saturday, September 21st, 2019 from noon - 6pm. For the first time ever, the intersection of 10th Street & Centennial Place will be filled with music, dancing, food, and a live-art showcase reflective of the diverse and growing Elliot Park community
Key Event Features & Partners:
- Live Music & Performances by Sarah White, Al Church, 26 Bats, Craig Clark Band, Somali Museum Dance Troupe, and Mickey Breeze.
- Live Art by Anton Horishnyk, Kristi Abbott and Martzia Thometz
- Interactive Art Displays by Mary Jane Mansfield, Celina Kane, and the Colab Creation Station by Gamut Gallery
- Historical Art Walk Tours by the playful members of the Theater of Public Policy
- Pop-up Art Market with local artists vendors Astralchemy, Va Va Voom Studio, Thraxis Threads, Paradox Coalition, Vimage Photography, Nelson Cain, Nice Nice Ceramics, Matt Hintz Art and more!
- Beer Garden hosted by FINNEGANS Brewery and Erik the Red benefitting FINNEGANS Community Fund-- donating 100% of its profits to hunger relief charities
- Food Trucks Chicks on Wheels, Electric Noodle, Icy Icy Baby, Sara’s Tipsy Pies and featured eats by local diner Band Box Diner -- voted Best Diner by City Pages, 2013.
HISTORY OF ELLIOT PARK & THE ARTS QUARTER
Nestled at the edge of downtown, the Elliot Park neighborhood is one of Minneapolis’ oldest and most historic neighborhoods. Located adjacent to U.S. Bank Stadium, the neighborhood hosts an abundance of historical architecture and well-known establishments including Bandbox Diner, HCMC, The Armory, 9th Street Historic District, Hinkle Murphy Mansion, and the Elliot Park greenspace. More than just a neighborhood—it’s also an arts and community hub to the Elliot Park Arts Quarter (EPAQ). EPAQ consists of locally owned small businesses including Gamut Gallery, Fades Of Gray Inc., Kristi Abbott Art, Band Box Diner, Bee Ink & Rose Salon, with support from The Theater of Public Policy, FINNEGANS Brew Co, and Erik the Red.
Thank you to all of our sponsors!
Drexel Apartments, Hennepin Healthcare, Sherwin Williams, Life Center, Clear Channel Outdoor, FINNEGANS Brew Co., Trautmann Martin Law, Speed Pro Printing, Green Rock Apartments, Minneapolis Tap, Portland Tower, North Central University, Portland Tower, Weidner Apartment Homes, and The City of Minneapolis Greater Street Grant