- Date: December 10, 2019 6-9 pm (please arrive 10-15 minute before start time)
- Cost: $30 (no other fees) Registration required
- Location: Ivy Building for the Arts 2637 27th Ave. South Minneapolis 55406
Scandinavian folklore is filled with tales about Nisse or Tomte, commonly known to us as gnomes. These elusive little forest creatures live near the house and bestow good luck on those who are diligent stewards of the homestead, and play tricks on those who aren’t! Over time, these little gnomes took on more of a Santa Claus role, bestowing Christmas gifts on good-mannered children.
Come join felting artist Mary Malsam in Denise’s studio and make some of these darlings out of felted wool from recycled sweaters. No prior experience is required but if you have a pair of scissors, or a sweater you've accidentally felted, please bring them.
Visit Mary’s Etsy page and view the adorable children’s sweaters, Christmas stockings and purses that she creates from upcycled cashmere and wool. A perfect holiday gift!
• guided tutorial on making your gnome
• plenty of materials and accessories to choose from for personalizing your gnome
• printed instructions and patterns to take home
• light refreshments and socializing
Click: REGISTER NOW!