Go Back   mnartists.org Forums > Featured Forums > Past Events Active Archive > Summer Shakeups: What Do All These Changes Mean for MN's Art Scene?
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

coyote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Post Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And it does wonders for your breath, not to mention your credibility, Coyote That Swallows His Own Shit.
Let me thank you for allowing me to illuminate the point that coyote has been trying to make here in the forums since the beginning of the very same. It is the unbridled egotism of the privileged and white art community that reduces all topics here to a more base level.

But also let me draw you back to the main idea here.

All the changes in the art world have put the coyote in the black suit. Your conduct now has amplified his claims to the universal maltreatment of all artists of color by the current leadership. You have given him the "Joker" card to play.

How will it be played?

The coyote advocates to foundations that they exert persuasive pressure on current recipients of funding to safeguard equal access for all artists. The case is being made that bastions of white predominance be challenged and forced to open their ranks to more of the diverse artists community as the venues for funding of the arts narrow. You are an example of what artists of color suffer in Minnesota. Your conduct betrays the vile sentiments behind the smiling face of Minnesota Nice Racism. The culture of the "Plantation" is destructive to the reputation of the whole state and if it can not be altered, then perhaps funding to the Walker should be arrested.

Again thank you for providing the evidence.

your friend in change
coyote infinity
Ray Rolfe
Old 03-20-2009, 12:00 AM
I have to say, as someone who respects my fellow humans, I am insulted at the juvenile and cowardly insults constantly directed at my friend, coyote.
It brings a halt to the intended goal of this thread.
Truth, I have my criticisms of people too (I called the Governor a dumbass the other week), but at least I'm logged in when I rant, and not some faux anonymous cowardly punk feigning sophistication. I mean really, who the hell goes on about eating poop for a week straight when there are more important maters to consider. It's shallow, and insulting to anyone reading this material for the value of learning about art.
Holster
Old 03-21-2009, 07:38 AM
Came across something this morning that speaks (I think) to this topic and the acts of creation themselves,

" Which is my humble, bottom-line advice to one and all -- the talented, the untalented, the geniuses, the wannabe's. Don't worry too much about it. There is no Joycean distinction between genius and talent -- only a universe of triers and achievements in large and small part, some great, some not so great, all with flaws of one kind or another. So don't worry about whether it's Great or American or even a Novel. Just write the paragraph, daub the paint, focus the lens, kid. It's not f***ing Hamlet. "
Scott Stulen
Administrator
Old 03-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Exclamation Respect for fellow artists
Hello all,

I just want to remind everyone of the expectations on the forum to respect each other while having spirited debate. I strongly support thoughtful discussion, but will not allow the forum to become a name calling contest between users. Please respect each other as fellow artists and keep the discussion on topic and free from personal attacks. We can argue and disagree on issues and other topics, but please abstain from pointless attacks on personal character.

Thank you

Scott Stulen
Project Director
mnartists.org

The mission of mnartists.org is to improve the lives of Minnesota artists and to provide access to and engagement with Minnesota's arts community