Go Back   mnartists.org Forums > mnartists.org forums > mnartists.org general forum
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ray Rolfe
Old 03-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Default Laundry mat forum.
Dark side of the moon.
Drunk face booked.
I never said I was frightened of time.

All the current opportunities.
I should wake up.
Put my name in it.
I should compose,
Deep Zoom Newspaper pixels.

Last edited by Ray Rolfe : 04-08-2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: GO ADVANCED?
Ray Rolfe
Old 04-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Angry did you guys get locked out?
Did everyone else recently get (Lock) logged out too?
I got this message:
Dear Ray Rolfe,

Your account on mnartists.org Forums has been locked because someone has tried to log into the account with the wrong password more than 5 times. You will be able to attempt to log in again in another 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 198.174.200.35

Yeah well, that's MNARTISTS.ORG's IP address. My research below.. WHY would MNARTIST.ORG IT'S SELF lock me out via this dynamic? Or who would spoof the Mnartists.org IP and attempt?

Questions to ponder.

What does 1,502 visitors a day mean to you?
They're weight in feces is 3,754 pounds a day. (1,336,335 pounds of shit year)
Gabriel Combs
Old 04-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Default pilboks is a post traumatic stress disorder
nope, that has'nt happened to me, but i did get a strange private message that it appeared to have been also sent to others according to the recipient list. although i may have failed to log in to myself successfully in the healthiest way of late, logs have been coming out ok.

i have had great luck with books. got a huge bag of art books and old hardcover books worth keeping and ebaying for three bucks. ebay sales have been up slightly, and eyekon having gone for $51, a sum i have'nt seen since pre recession era sales. i just put up the one included in this post which i think is better. i used a recently found MARSH 88 marker for the dripping name in black. a classic graffiti marker, but this one still works even tho its probably twenty years old. made a real fucking mess when i wrote pilboks on there. that shit went everywhere and is crazy toxic. i've got some elements of paint handling re charmed more than reminicent of pre end of mpls studio disaster. built a small work station back up to usable damage. sustained momentarily, but its hard to hold out on staying even. bits and pieces slipping out the cracks, severing leverage of one kind, the sacrifice for gaining ground in other ways. feeling tough and alchohol soluble. just need to make more work before i tear it all apart again...
Ray Rolfe
Old 05-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Default once a month?
4-10 to 5-11?

The new posts are rare gems. I'll go look for a current photographs right now..........

What I'm looking at is a temporary notion, as in dreams, as always.
The pain of the illusion, is stability. Because I've been notified, we will move again before I can cultivate anything true. No harvest. Still I'll work to leave the field enriched. For whoever finds it. I pretty much put Watertown, MN on the map. As far as Google Earth is concerned... I suppose there is no trouble in telling.. for art history.. I helped .. some surreal circumstances..

This and that. Our network is vast.

I'm a wizard, mind you. we built a thrift store a few months ago. And I can grow Avocado trees!

I saw an upside-down solar rainbow at the sky's zenith yesterday. To bad my camera has a little fucking piece of dust stuck inside the lenses. Screwing up all my 2010 photos. Preventing my fine perspectives until I buy a new cannon. However it happens.

Last edited by Ray Rolfe : 05-11-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Ray Rolfe
Old 06-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Default talking to myself at the end of the world
it's a shame my name is the only one on the "latest post by" list. And like I said, months go by..

I got a knowledge worker job. I write the eLearning courses for industry training and federal regulation certification/ comprehension. Industries like pipeline excavation, and tree trimming for power line clearance. Scary huh?

It's super complex stuff, but I'm learning quick enough.

I thought it was interesting, once upon a time, a Coyote had me think about knowledge worker jobs.. paid to continue on..

Anyway. 3 good things follow.

1. My Cousin Joe in Ann Arbor just released a super good record. Under the name JDSY and the recording is called Blue Newspaper. It's good to work to with headphones on.
He does exploratory electronic avant pop music.. Critics eat it up because as a composer, his stuff is hyper talented and it's probably a fun challenge to describe.. it's like Cornelius ([]Keigo Oyamada) gave John mayor mushrooms.

2. A friend Cory just put out a record too. It's heavy! Very good stuff. Hardcore Hypnotic Crushery. You can get that free too.

3. I forgot what the 3rd good thing was.... oil...Israel.. oh yeah.. this artist guy on Youtube.
He has shit figured out man.

and I'll add a 4th thing. I found the "Sinkhole" in Guatemala. Located it on Google Earth. I have information leading to the conclusion it was created by the oil company over there... but that's in National Geographic now all the sudden. I was like, yep, man made.. figured as much.
Go HERE http://globalnewsviews.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Ray Rolfe : 06-03-2010 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Sinkhole http://globalnewsviews.blogspot.com/
Gabriel Combs
Old 06-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Default ...
i've been too lazy to keep up on posting. well, not exactly. been taking care of things i've let slide for years, while i'm out here for awhile in ny. been sketchbooking mostly for art, and drawn to drawing on odd scraps of things which is starting to make a thick stack. i've had to go offline for selling art, as being motivated to do something while asking for help can sometimes hinder more than help in our silly system. been going back and forth on several projects for awhile now that if they come through should be pretty sweet... the store attatched to the baltimore american visionary art museum bought 100 stickers after winning an ebay auction. no idea what the guys going to sell them for or do with them. been biking a lot, eating well, and making a gazzillion appointments flawlessly. re-diagnosed with severe depression and bi-polar disorder along with post traumatic stress. i have medical insurance now though, so i'm treated and all that. very rarely drinking. i hopehopehope i will be being hooked up with the right people to help me make prints and protect my work. it looks like it, but its hard to say, and the process is painful at times with paperwork and meetings. might do a craftfair in august hopefully also. i'll try to come back with fresh images soon...

much love to mn,

gabriel combs
Ray Rolfe
Old 06-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Default <3 randon vertical triptych for ya.
Still sliding myself. Hope I can get dental care this year. I think I'm a fine photograph observer. I'll afford something new if I don't fuck up soon. I don't cultivate pride. I could just as easily be dead. but I think I'm good and lucky for now. Fucking Dooms day, haha. Feel like I'm far enough out that I could re-emerge if I wanted to.
I just wanted to post the Mn spring vertical triptych, and let it be.
But you know I can't not drop some news. That's it. Gig is up. everyone knows. 1/3rd of the waters turned to dead blood... looks like 50 days of CNN.

See now, I ruined my vertical triptych. Pretend I wasn't talking......

Ray Rolfe
Old 06-22-2010, 12:28 AM
Default Summer yeah!
My brother and his wife had a baby today.
I got a nice check from MTV, in the mail.
I captured this photo a few days ago, yeah!
Tboy
Old 06-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Question Seward Coop
A' Tien

BjJ....sorry...

something about the Stand
SjKing
Ray Rolfe
Old 06-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Default Skillz!
SKILLS!
Hey, did you hear? Our Coyote Infinity won a Bush Fellowship!

Also notable, BEATRIX*JAR!

I've worked with both of them, and am enriched by knowledge of their success.

By work, I mean I attained brief consciousness of their emergence as profound artists. When I was strapped with a Digital 8... Hahaaha, mere moments later EVERY BABY was born with a 1080p Flip cam in hand.

Cheers to the future.
http://www.minnpost.com/artsarena/20...ush_foundation

Last edited by Ray Rolfe : 06-23-2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: wirelessly owned by 9 million Chinese art students.