Go Back   mnartists.org Forums > mnartists.org forums > mnartists.org general forum
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gabriel Combs
Old 01-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Default dead of winter
is very much alive. a lot of lake effect snow here of late and fairly drastically fluctuating temps. the snow often falls almost horizontal. if you bike, you are getting it in the face hard. it often makes me laugh out loud to get caught like that, biking 5 miles and hour against the wind uphill and into the snow. i can still do it, and carry no weight in fat on my body. this is one benefit of the struggle. stay sharp, fit and active. don't stop walking and biking, ect...

but then you know i devastate my body and mind, sick and excess. if i could only remember at the right times, forget at the others. if dreams were not nightmares... but even so, i still keep dreaming bigger.

back in class on tuesdays, having started this past one. drawing from 9am til 12, landscape painting from 1pm til 4pm. in the latter class, there are a couple of pretty much rocket scientists, now retired, from hamilton. (professors) man, i really love it. soak it up, and standing out like a sore thumb or not, i belong in such places, which is so rare. great freebies in the school library as well. a quality tube of naples yellow oil paint amongst other things last time.

713 art auctions sold, not counting second chance offers and a few lost ones. back on point and functioning. interacting with the world. i'm shooting for 1000 by july 29th of this year, which will be five years selling art on ebay. 25 movie nights in a row as of tonight. tonight was "leaves of grass" which was better than we expected being a low-end redbox pick. last night was "now, voyager" and old bettie davis film from netflix. we're trying to see 100 films in a row. read the latest cat warriors in a couple days, "night whispers". can't wait until the next one. i'll send this copy off to MN for a feb. 14th package of hearts to my dearest...

one of my best friends ever is coming to visit a couple days on the way to nyc. i have'nt seen anyone i knew before march 2009 since july 2009 when i got dropped off in va. time flys wether you are having fun or not. even my time in jail went fast in retrospect...

i have to come up with a piece for the utica library art show, entry due next saturday, but friday if you want to have a better chance of getting in the limit. a couple of commissions, and i need to stop in a little spot here i'll update on if anything happens.

end of sept 2009 when we came and looked at this apartment i saw a big black stray kat sitting on an old car in a big autobody lot across the street. we saw this kat everywhere. i got close a couple times, once it ran and literally went UNDER a car unharmed, likely short a life, the other time across the street from it blocks from here. it had burrs in its fur clumped up with more burrs attached to those. sitting calmly just eyeing us. poor burr kitty finally got hit a block away recently. my gf retrieved the frozen corpse from the nasty busy roadside and put it on a hill we put our compost on (!) she wants to collect the bones...

stitched hearts...
Ray Rolfe
Old 01-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Default Happy Birthday 2u2
I've no words to match you on poets experience right now. But I did see a dead robbin today.

Ray Rolfe
Old 01-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Default Lowery Hill Liq
She trashed my roses and walked away!
Just kidding.
Gabriel Combs
Old 02-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Default nice valentine
and headed to the store

stop and walk biking today, second class cancelled but i was prepared for class. more snow now...
Gabriel Combs
Old 02-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Default adoringly adorned with austere abandon...
i hide and i seek. poke fun. the tragic comedy of an elaborate mechanism. finally off the hook and time to dive deep...

give you a nibble if you got the knack to digest sick dog eat dog malfunctions...

this thread is a mutual admiration society...

carry on.

Gabriel Combs
Old 02-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Default love of the lost...
no matter weather dark or light
my hearts so heavy
see it in my eyes

blood extending past stitches
guess it will take more than
some time

woes deal me the bludgeoning
undertow
but guess you still don't know...
Ray Rolfe
Old 02-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Default Mas
Massively. Active. Solar!
The largest solar flare in 4 years happened yesterday. It's nice and warm here in Minnesota today. 50 fricken degrees!

My. Art. Shack
I rode around. Went from the friendly futon at Oak Grove, to go roll around the northside. There is a house on line I've been dreaming about. I decided it was a good day to go get better fotos of it, then are available from the listing.. The darn thing is only 6 grand! Any knowledge on how to raise 6 grand like, tonight? It's the perfect tiny little place for me. It's been listed for a while.. I wish I had access to 6 thousand dollars. Put me out of my misery once and for all. I'd have a place to park the RV!
Someone will probably snatch it up, but in my dream prayer, I catalyze a miracle to secure the funding and make the move with an unprecedented quickness. It needs a new roof, but I know how to do that.
I don't know what other code issues there are. But the code allows it! It's kinda like an Art Shanty Project!
I wrote an initial draft proposal to Kickstarter, to buy it as an "Art House" where visiting artists could find accommodation, and there could be some level of space programing for public access. They've yet to respond.
So I rode around the neighborhood and out to West Broadway imagining what it would be like to live there. It would be fantastic.

Move. And. Store.
The apartment complex where the RV has been stationed for a few years wants me to move. They recently had another huge fire, so out with the old and time to rebuild again. I'm going with Chris to get it started up tomorrow. Have NO CLUE where I can go with it. Like I said, I wish I was going to my own yard. 6 grand. Anyone? Invest in me PLEASE? The Ghost of Andy Warhol compels you!

More. Art. Synths
I took a bunch of fotos to make photosynths, so I think I'm going to sit here and do that for awhile. The last one I did of Longorias painting exhibition at Hopkins Center for Arts was featured on Photosynths front page and got 10,000 views! I'd love to do Gallery and Museum Exhibition Documentation as a professional service. It would be a cool way to make a living. Untill then I just have this demo blog http://minneapolisartsynth.blogspot.com/

Minneapolis. Art. Spree

Ray Rolfe
Old 02-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Default Most amazing sunshine
Another word on that solar activity. It was an X2.2-class flare, and it looks like it was pointed straight at us.
A few more M and C class flare have happened and they are all INCOMING. Expect people to act a little weird. I've always had a theory that the increased energy in the system affects creativity.

I'm not sure if anything happened at about 9:50 this morning, but I could have swore as I crossed Hennipen Ave near MCTC, I felt a sudden increase of solar radiation perceivable as warmth on my back.

All the monitors and charts are here: http://www.solarcycle24.com/

And as always, you can look at the real time videos http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/realtime/mpeg/

Gabriel Combs
Old 02-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Default magnanimous artists sentiment
very warm here the last couple days, turning colder now, but thankful for a warm aired reminder that the season will change. just biding time currently, no winter drowning deaths of yet, but a couple real low points. some time to serve yet to old man winter, but thinkin on spring...

nice fotos ray. good luck in livin circumstances...