Go Back   mnartists.org Forums > mnartists.org forums > mnartists.org general forum
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gabriel Combs
Old 03-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Default 031508
crazy busy. straight and narrow as all else seems to lose my interest much more quickly. making progress and taking shrapnel...

this is statik kinetic character 031408. mandala. finding light. becoming...

BraindeadAesthetic
Old 03-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Smile Walked the dog at North Regional Mississippi Park
Walked the dog and then came back and did a drawing on plywood. Haven't looked at the photo's from the river yet.

Need to do a bunch of these for a show in Rochester in June/July at the food Co-Op.

Gabriel Combs
Old 03-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Default irish pride
i'm not really all that irish tho. more french than anything, but some of most european this and that. anyways... church, monday church dinner, reading a little but not feeling like i have the time to do much but work. trying to prepare a bunch of smaller portable surfaces to paint while in transition. cutting down all the masonite chunks much to the delite of my soon to not be neighboors. i might get a drink tonight, but not really feelin it right now. if i'm going to kill time, east of eden is pulling my moments. waiting for a friend at spyhouse right now. going to maundy thursday for soup dinner in a couple days. another studio fell thru. one thing i've noticed, another fleecing of artists, is the price changes for studios between ads and speaking with the contact. bad business. still all up in the air and about to make the anxiety kick in, but we'll see. art is moving, and i'm getting more non ebay hits for art. more local sales. still a lot of east coast. east coast has remained fairly even for awhile for sales. ny, nj especially. got some ideas for longer shit and can't wait until i can sit down and work on one piece for awhile. anyways, my company has arrived... cheers!

Sam Spiczka
Old Schooler
Old 03-17-2008, 09:31 PM
It feels like rubber-necking to say thanks for the updates, Gabe, but I'm following along with interest. I'm even interested to see how Fallon's multi-part series turns out and hopeful that it will direct more traffic your way. Put up some more drawings for those of us that are fans of the graphite.

Continued work on the large sculpture today. Lots of labor ahead, but I have it by the tail.
william hessian
Old 03-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Combs View Post
crazy busy. straight and narrow as all else seems to lose my interest much more quickly. making progress and taking shrapnel...

this is statik kinetic character 031408. mandala. finding light. becoming...

Gabe,

that artwork is awesome! I want see if you would let me use that image in my art card game i am making. http://beardedbunnyblog.blogspot.com...ter-cards.html

no hurt feelings if you say no. i just mean it as a compliment, because i love that character and they you painted him. my card game is still in playtesting anyways.

hope all of you are doing well.

and if anyone wants to put art in my April 5th show opening we need 2-3 more artists!

William
Gabriel Combs
Old 03-18-2008, 07:00 PM
sure, if you put my name or pilbox on the card. good luck with the game. you're pretty industrious with you ideas.

my minds in the circle sickness. last friday was pi day. march 14 3.14. circles. the smallest thing to the biggest, i think its all just circles... this is where i needs wine, but i don't have time to have a glass. erc downtown, over caffeine. opportunities, tomorrows, expanding... no pictures today, its just imagination.
Ray Rolfe
Old 03-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Default old videos
bringing old videos back to life. Circa 2005
william hessian
Old 03-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Combs View Post
sure, if you put my name or pilbox on the card. good luck with the game. you're pretty industrious with you ideas.

my minds in the circle sickness. last friday was pi day. march 14 3.14. circles. the smallest thing to the biggest, i think its all just circles... this is where i needs wine, but i don't have time to have a glass. erc downtown, over caffeine. opportunities, tomorrows, expanding... no pictures today, its just imagination.
excellent. as i design my cards i will be in contact with you about it. i would have to ask you a few questions ect. it may be a little while before i get to that stage. i also enjoy seeing your craigslist ads periodically. we do a lot of the same methods for promotion and selling work (craigslist, blogspot, mnartist, ect). i love seeing your strategies.

Ray, I have subscribed. awesome videos as usual. thanks for always commenting on mine!
Ray Rolfe
Old 03-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Default Luxury Trailers Create New Army of Modern Gypsies
I saw that today billyjay. I acquired 4 new subscribers including you.
I'm looking for the quality reals from my archives, now that I've tricked the camera into reading tapes again. Jerome for emerging filmmakers is coming up... I might as well get it together and make progress.
If possible.

I've just been watching the engineered failure and collapse of damn near everything. It's been an intense spring thus far.

I read a few popular science magazines from spring of 1946 today. It's amazing what our minds were like then. So much emphasis on any creative thought whatsoever. Magazines would report on every idea of even marginal innovation. It was the dawn of some kind of industrial manufacturing revolution, I take it. Novelty metal tooling was just taking off and there was inspiration in every sprocket. Like slotted washers and spiral bladed saws were going to make everything possible. The war was over and they were going to take all the machinery and build modern America.
By then, we already had ramjets and advanced radio wave sciences. It was fun to read about primitive magnetic reconnaissance missions, and how the new FM (Frequency Modulated) wave forms were mandated to shift from 40's cycles per second, to the 80's and up. Kinda how they're moving analogue TV's VHF and UHF (very high and ultra high frequencies, man) to all digital signals and give the waveform spectrum full abstraction and monopoly.

So weird. . I'd like to be able to scan some of this stuff into the internet. Maybe some time..

Here is a page from 1936 just cause.

And the kids were picking poppies from the California opium farms.

Peace Out Arthur C. Clarke. 16 December 191719 March 2008

Last edited by Ray Rolfe : 03-20-2008 at 10:59 PM. Reason: R.I.P A.C.C
Gabriel Combs
Old 03-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Default pilbox hovercraft
very hungover today. wine, whiskey, and beer should'nt be mixed. floating quietly over the surface today, not touching the ground. off the radar. i quit existing on paper soon. hidden place in which to land and radiate art, incognito in society, unseen and silent. the end of part two of east of eden is tough to wrap the mind around. the way he brings the book to that point and ties it all together. there is no difference between you and me. we are all one story and it is not the story of artists as that would seperate us from ourself. it is us as society and there is no difference whatsoever. its a clear picture but it does'nt come easily to look at, and i can't say i fully comprehend it yet. i feel like moving like a shadow down between the cracks of society and back again. lost and unlost, whole and broken hearted. pulling something out of the self that has craved the foreground, albeit bringing a new lonliness with it...