Born in Duluth Minnesota, Kaitie is currently a senior working towards her studio degree at the University of Minnesota Duluth. She initially went to college for art education, and has taught at many schools, but as she progressed into her career she realized that she needed to be in the studio making more art. Since then she became open to a lot more ideas, and mediums such as sculpture, drawing, photography, and painting. Getting introduced to more forms of art has broadened her view, and is allowing her to mix different forms together to create new styles and works of art. Her primary focus is photography and drawing.
Kaitlin Sauer [email protected]
5291 Scenic Ridge Trail, Middleton WI 53562
Related Work Experience:
Art Assistant, Stained Glass Grotto, Middleton, WI
- Responsible for teaching art such as stained glass, mixed media and jewelry making to students in 2nd-7th grade. Material preparation, glass cutting, clean up and evaluation of student work included.
2009 - present
Art Teacher/ Assistant, St Francis Xaviar, Cross Plains, WI
- Responsible for setting up all art materials, giving demonstrations, and guiding students’ work.
June 2014 – Aug 2014
Photographer Assistant, Middleton WI
- Responsible for setting up tripods, lights, and props, taking photographs, editing photos, communicating with models.
Bachelor of Fine Art Degree, University Of Minnesota Duluth- Duluth, Minnesota.
Major: General Studio
Related coursework: Art history, Cyanotype photography, Painting, Drawing, Digital media.
- Awarded by Tammy Baldwin, Wisconsin Senator. Art competition. 2012
- Scholastic Art Competition Gold and Silver key Award recipient. 2012
- Board of Education Recognition for The Memory Project 2011-12- this project consists of drawing portraits for underprivileged children from 3rd world countries.
- Ringing bells for Salvation Army.
- Participated in Tweed Gallery student show. 2013
- Planned, sponsored, freshmen student show.
- Published artist in Pediatric Rehabilitation principle and practice fifth edition.
References available upon request