Claudia Trepanier was born in 1960 in Seoul, Korea. She started drawing while in high school at an atelier. She became a graphic designer from the Design Academy of Seoul. She enjoyed painting and sketching the Korea’s countryside on weekends. In 1999 she married and moved to Minnesota.
While in Minnesota Claudia taught Korean Culture Art to third and fourth grade children at Korean Culture Camp (KCC), Minneapolis, MN, 2004-2012. In addition, she also taught fine arts and craft at Deagean Korean School in St. Paul, MN, 2006-2012. She is currently an award winning Signature Member of Minnesota Watercolor Society (MNWS). She enjoys painting watercolor full time and exhibiting her paintings throughout the region.
Painting watercolor refreshes my soul like a prayer. I love the feel of the water, mixing with the color, how it moves and absorbed by the paper. It is a spontaneous and magical feel each and every time I paint. I especially enjoy painting the elements of nature. I feel as though nature is always waiting for me to visit, relax, enjoy, and receive the healing effects of hope and renewal. I believe it is possible to translate a bit of myself and a sense of those things in life that lift my heart and soul. It is my hope that those who view my paintings feel a small amount of wonder and awe that I feel while painting.
- Watercolor 4thplace, 23rdAnnual International Juried Art Show, 2018 Arts in Harmony
- Watercolor 3rdPlace, 22ndAnnual International Juried Art Show, 2017 Arts in Harmony
- Cash & Merchandise Awards, Northstar Watermedia 2016 National Exhibition
- Honorable Mention Award, 2015 Minnesota State Fair 104thFine Art Exhibition
- Merchandise Award, 2015, 22ndRed River National Juried Watermedia Exhibition
- 2ndPlace Award, 2015 Savage 9thArt Show, MN
- Honorable Mention & People’s Choice Award, 2015 MNWS Spring Exhibition
- 3rdHonor 2014 MNWS Fall Exhibition
- 1stHonor 2013 MNWS Spring Exhibition
- Honorable Mention 2012 MNWS Fall Exhibition