Purpose of RFP
The [email protected] Program, a partnership between the Airport Foundation MSP (Foundation) and the Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC), requests exhibit theme proposals from artists, artisans, and partnering organizations (Artists or Organizations) for a variety of select locations in Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP).
The purpose of this RFP is to retain Artists and Organizations to propose, curate, design, fabricate, and install exhibitions at MSP, and to work collaboratively with [email protected] staff to ensure the project is designed, fabricated, and installed properly.
Intent and Goals of Rotating Exhibits Program
The Rotating Exhibit component of the [email protected] Program provides the public with ongoing opportunities to experience a variety of interesting exhibits at select locations in the airport. All exhibits will be coordinated in accordance with the Program’s mission, organizing concept, and goals. Quality rotating exhibits will be especially effective in providing:
- Thought provoking and memorable experiences for airport users;
- Incentives for passengers to use MSP;
- Meaningful ways for people to experience our culture, environment, and history;
- A means to educate people about the region and encourage further exploration;
- A venue with international exposure for regional artists;
- Support to artists and arts organizations; and
- Opportunities to partner with local arts, cultural, and community organizations; and options for airline, airport tenant and employee participation.
Rotating exhibits may be historic, scientific, educational, aviation-related, or artistic in nature. Several different spaces throughout MSP have been adapted to house exhibits so that multiple shows may be on view simultaneously. These gallery spaces are fixtures in the airport that create the landmarks that help to promote our sense of place.
Exhibits will be created or selected to showcase the talents of local artists and artisans, focus attention on the area, and draw from the valuable cultural resources available in both public and private institutions in the metropolitan area and the surrounding region. Partnering organizations have the opportunity to show pieces of their permanent collections to a broad cross-section of Minnesota and regional residents, thereby, strengthening awareness and support for their endeavors locally.
CONTINUE READING THE FULL RFP: